Nope, no way, never gonna happen....

Green Dash

Since I am an engineer I like technology but all this new "crap" (facebook, ipad, smartphones, etc.) is worthless in my book. Has it really improved our quality of life? I get tired of seeing people walking/driving around in a daze texting or talking on their phones. Only the wifey and my mom are important to me (well maybe some BMT people). Wifey knows how to get in touch with me when we are not together and mom is almost deaf and in a nursing home with dementia. Otherwise, call and leave a message or send an email. If you call, send me an email so I can make sure the cell phone is turned on. I do like bluetooth in my car if I want to talk while driving.

As I said before, I have more important things to do....even it if is nothing.

Done with rant...going back to my corner... :whistling:

It's the end users that turn good things into bad things.

For what you want to use it for, I think it's a great thing.

Mind you, it has a lot of draw backs. but I guess so does everything.

Enjoy catching up with your family.

A lot of people say it's useless,no good,get's you into trouble ect...It all comes down to self control.If you go on there looking for old girlfriends(and your married)prob. won't end well ;). Go on there looking to stay in touch with friends/family,join groups of your favorite hobby then it's great.

Exactly. Anything can be dangerous if the user does not have common sense.

Jim

I Said i'd never get a Facebook too & Now look . What made me get a FB Was my Family Scattered Across the Country .

Plus i have buddies who are like brothers to me & their kids think of me as Uncle Mack as i helped raise em . (& some of the girls i have to keep my guns cleaned for lol )

Then there is my buddies that i go back with from Kindergarten . Matter fact that's how 1 of them found me ...lol With 1 in particular We were tight for many many years till he moved to California . I Kept in touch with him till about 2000 then its like he fell off the face of the earth for a few years . then about 2006 he reappears , finds me on FB & Come to find out lives about an Hour East of Me. We talk just about everyday .

Then there is my Boy Who is 12. i dont talk about him much on Facebook for reasons i'd rather not go into . Yes i pay my dues & i do see him (but like i said i wont go into details ) I Have his Mom on my Facebook . We remain on good terms & talk about 2-3 times a week . It amazes her that My boy has got the Truck & Equipment Fever . i told her it didnt surprise me @ all as the Dirt just didnt get on the Hands in my Family but it got in the blood . Cause all we know is Farming, logging, excavating & trucking . It's like a fever ...lol. . He & His mom live South of Memphis in 1 of MS Suburbs of Memphis around some more Family of mine . So when i'm down that way I Kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone & Most of the time . & See all my family Weather i have to meet them somewhere in the Vicinity or am i going to their house . Depends on weather i'm on Personal time or not . But i make time to stop even if its nothing more than to eat lunch or dinner w/ them .

I Really wish he would go on to College or Vo tech School & learn another trade that's not so hard on the body . But i keep drilling into his head if he still wants to be around trucks , learn to Build Transmissions & Not take them in or out just build . He likes School (which he damn sure dont get from me cause id rather been in the field @ his age). So Maybe Just maybe he will go on to Votech or 4 year College to learn how to work without using his Back .

He likes Music & Learning To play the Guitar from my Youngest Brother . My Youngest brother went to the University of Memphis on a Scholarship from Bolton High School . Has a Degree in Music & Teaches Music now . So my Son's Mom told me that our Boy wanted to learn to play the Guitar so i told her id help pay for it & she mentioned my brother . i usually dont like dealing w/ family on issues like this but in this case i'll make an exception .

I Could go on about My Son but i have rambled on Enough .

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I suppose if you don't become addicted to it or abuse it is a great thing. After watching my oldest son and daughter in law (the obama liberals) take their I Pad and smart phone everywhere, (texting at Christmas dinner is an example) it kind of soured me on it.

And yet my Mustang drag car I use the laptop to alter the tune and check all my data recorder to make adjustments . . .go figure.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I Said i'd never get a Facebook too & Now look . What made me get a FB Was my Family Scattered Across the Country .

Plus i have buddies who are like brothers to me & their kids think of me as Uncle Mack as i helped raise em . (& some of the girls i have to keep my guns cleaned for lol )

Then there is my buddies that i go back with from Kindergarten . Matter fact that's how 1 of them found me ...lol With 1 in particular We were tight for many many years till he moved to California . I Kept in touch with him till about 2000 then its like he fell off the face of the earth for a few years . then about 2006 he reappears , finds me on FB & Come to find out lives about an Hour East of Me. We talk just about everyday .

Then there is my Boy Who is 12. i dont talk about him much on Facebook for reasons i'd rather not go into . Yes i pay my dues & i do see him (but like i said i wont go into details ) I Have his Mom on my Facebook . We remain on good terms & talk about 2-3 times a week . It amazes her that My boy has got the Truck & Equipment Fever . i told her it didnt surprise me @ all as the Dirt just didnt get on the Hands in my Family but it got in the blood . Cause all we know is Farming, logging, excavating & trucking . It's like a fever ...lol. . He & His mom live South of Memphis in 1 of MS Suburbs of Memphis around some more Family of mine . So when i'm down that way I Kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone & Most of the time . & See all my family Weather i have to meet them somewhere in the Vicinity or am i going to their house . Depends on weather i'm on Personal time or not . But i make time to stop even if its nothing more than to eat lunch or dinner w/ them .

I Really wish he would go on to College or Vo tech School & learn another trade that's not so hard on the body . But i keep drilling into his head if he still wants to be around trucks , learn to Build Transmissions & Not take them in or out just build . He likes School (which he damn sure dont get from me cause id rather been in the field @ his age). So Maybe Just maybe he will go on to Votech or 4 year College to learn how to work without using his Back .

He likes Music & Learning To play the Guitar from my Youngest Brother . My Youngest brother went to the University of Memphis on a Scholarship from Bolton High School . Has a Degree in Music & Teaches Music now . So my Son's Mom told me that our Boy wanted to learn to play the Guitar so i told her id help pay for it & she mentioned my brother . i usually dont like dealing w/ family on issues like this but in this case i'll make an exception .

I Could go on about My Son but i have rambled on Enough .

Based on my personal experience, I would encourage any kid to follow their heart first when choosing a career, whether it's a skilled trade, maybe business management, or even politics. Just work hard and be at the top of your game. Enjoying what you do for a living is a great feeling.

Jim

Based on my personal experience, I would encourage any kid to follow their heart first when choosing a career, whether it's a skilled trade, maybe business management, or even politics. Just work hard and be at the top of your game. Enjoying what you do for a living is a great feeling.

I will Support him in anything he wants to do . He sees me Cutting Grass & Hauling Recaps now . He sees i still cant get the Driving out my blood even on a Under CDL Truck ...lol

1 Things for sure he has a good work ethic already .As he asked me last year about this time how many yards did my friend have to cut . i told him . He would help us some during the summer . So last year he talks to the neighbors & is cutting both Neighbors Yards on each side of him. His Mom helps him w/ trimming hedges but he does most of the trimming & cutting .

Looks like he likes Doing Yard Work & also working in the garden w/o complaining . so thats a plus . Lord only knows which path he will take weather it is a Skilled trade , Business Management or Politics . It's still too early to tell but 1 things for sure i will have his back & support him in whatever he wants to do .

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I suppose if you don't become addicted to it or abuse it is a great thing. After watching my oldest son and daughter in law (the obama liberals) take their I Pad and smart phone everywhere, (texting at Christmas dinner is an example) it kind of soured me on it.

And yet my Mustang drag car I use the laptop to alter the tune and check all my data recorder to make adjustments . . .go figure.

That's unacceptable behavior for a child, let alone an adult.

• Like 2

Jim

...speaking of unacceptable iphone-related behavior... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/22/girl-12-tried-to-kill-mom-by-spiking-drinks-with-bleach-police-say/

...What in hell is going on with kids these days? Better yet, what the hell is going on with PARENTS these days? My parents wouldn't have bought ME an iphone (or any OTHER kind of phone for that matter) and would have ended my short, worthless little existence if I'd even THOUGHT about tampering with their food in a manner intended to harm them.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

You are pretty lucky 41.

I can't even play with sharp crayons.

I ate all my crayons and paste in school and cut my sisters hair with the snippy scissors way back. . . was restricted to Color Forms and an Etch a Sketch with out knobs.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I ate all my crayons and paste in school and cut my sisters hair with the snippy scissors way back. . . was restricted to Color Forms and an Etch a Sketch with out knobs.

Being an independent thinker started early for you!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

:SMOKIE-RT:

:whistling: I hear NSA LOVES Facebook! Just imagine all the useful stuff they can record from it! :idunno:

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

BTW-NO-I'm not paranoid,just ca-wait-what was that noise? I think they're watching me... :o

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

I have found school paste is "best straight out the bottle" much like chessewhiz? "Mucilage? I believe was my favorite brand/flavor.................................Mark

Wasn't musilage made from fish gizzards?

This is my back up jar for when I get senile®

post-3242-0-98390300-1427162639_thumb.jp

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE