Pictures of the Week

other dog

I agree with Ken.

The trim, yellow U-model and the nice lady who offered bananners near the swing.

And everything else is cool to see.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Tom,

Nice picture story. I would have checked the "LIKE THIS" box but Hat would accuse me of "liking" because of the Winfall lass! :tease:

BTW, you look much more "civilized" after the trim.

That was my "protest beard"- I said I wasn't going to shave or get a haircut until all the snow and ice was gone. There's still plenty of it around, but it won't be long now...I got it cut at the truck stop. The girl that cut it said "you should have taken a before and after picture, nobody will recognize you now- or robbed a bank."

The before picture is over a month old.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Stopped by the playground in Winfall on the way home. This girl wanted me to push her on the swing, but I told her I didn't have time. She looked very disappointed.

Wait.....I don't understand......You had time to stop at the playground, but no time to push the girl in the swing?

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Going to update the "otherdog" picture down at the Post Office.

Sucks to deal with a tarp and then damage it to boot. Time to get your other one back.

Me and this other driver had to load some shot in 55 gallon drums at Wheelabrator in Bedford about a month ago- that was the day it was 10 degrees. Randy called me (dispatcher Randy, not Randy, Randy, or randyp) and asked if I would loan the other driver a tarp because he didn't have one. Why he was pulling a flatbed and didn't even have tarps is unknown, but anyway, the tarp I loaned him was the old tarp that I carried just for tarping beams or bricks, or whatever didn't really need to be dry, just tarped because some a-hole in some office somewhere thought it was a good idea.

Therefore, I had to use what used to be my good tarp on two loads of beams this week, one going to Neville Island, the other going to Ambridge. Now it's not even my mediocre tarp, it's pretty much just garbage now.

I called Jeff Moore and whined and complained about it...my new tarp will be in sometime this week.

• Like 1

I called Jeff Moore and whined and complained about it...my new tarp will be in sometime this week.

Maybe when the manufacturer makes it and stencils "HH Moore" on the tarp, they could add "otherdog only!"

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Years ago there were several truck stops along I-80 where a driver could "get a little trim".

I saw green dash in Norfolk.

Tough neighborhood. I went inside to pull off 1 skid and when I came back out I noticed my air fairings and one of my rear axles were gone. The thieves were thoughtful enough however, to throw some steel rims on there after stealing the aluminums so I could at least make it back to the terminal. They also stole the DEF tank and the DPF, so I think Pitt Ohio actually benefited from the whole ordeal.

• Like 2

Jim

Other Dog. I kinda feel sorry for that poor young lady. You should have at least given a few minutes of your time to help her out. Are you sure the before picture isn't your dad or uncle or something. That beard ages the heck out of you man! I find it hard to believe both shots are the same guy.

How much does a tarp like that cost out of curiosity? I'm guessing they are not cheap.

As always the pictures and story are GREAT! Thanks for taking the time and making the effort. I look forward to each episode.

Greg

• Like 1

Years ago there were several truck stops along I-80 where a driver could "get a little trim".

Tough neighborhood. I went inside to pull off 1 skid and when I came back out I noticed my air fairings and one of my rear axles were gone. The thieves were thoughtful enough however, to throw some steel rims on there after stealing the aluminums so I could at least make it back to the terminal. They also stole the DEF tank and the DPF, so I think Pitt Ohio actually benefited from the whole ordeal.

Wow!..unbelievable that somebody would do you like that! But, on a brighter note, I now drive a tandem instead of that single axle so I can haul heavier loads of lumber and steel, with alumium wheels on the outside instead of those old steel wheels, and doubled my DEF capacity so I don't have to fill it as often. The new fairings they put on my truck raised my average fuel milage from 4.8mpg. to 22.5mpg! They also put a new DPF on it, since my old one had never been changed- I should be good to go for a while!

Oh yeah, the next exit east of Barkeyville?..what do they call it- the "body shop" maybe?..never stopped there, but they're always on the radio advertising.

• Like 1

Other Dog. I kinda feel sorry for that poor young lady. You should have at least given a few minutes of your time to help her out. Are you sure the before picture isn't your dad or uncle or something. That beard ages the heck out of you man! I find it hard to believe both shots are the same guy.

How much does a tarp like that cost out of curiosity? I'm guessing they are not cheap.

As always the pictures and story are GREAT! Thanks for taking the time and making the effort. I look forward to each episode.

Greg

I think a tarp like that- 24'x16'- is between 2 and 3 hundred dollars. The new one is going to be 27' long.

Wait.....I don't understand......You had time to stop at the playground, but no time to push the girl in the swing?

Yep. I passed this girl in the desert between Winfall and Gladys- I think her truck might have broken down. She tried tried to flag me down, but I was suspicious of the situation so I never even slowed down.

post-1374-0-79283600-1426385421_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Wow!..unbelievable that somebody would do you like that! But, on a brighter note, I now drive a tandem instead of that single axle so I can haul heavier loads of lumber and steel, with alumium wheels on the outside instead of those old steel wheels, and doubled my DEF capacity so I don't have to fill it as often. The new fairings they put on my truck raised my average fuel milage from 4.8mpg. to 22.5mpg! They also put a new DPF on it, since my old one had never been changed- I should be good to go for a while!

Oh yeah, the next exit east of Barkeyville?..what do they call it- the "body shop" maybe?..never stopped there, but they're always on the radio advertising.

You'll be begging me to take those wheels back the first time you go to comb your hair in the mirror finish and see my image staring back at you. :) Also, you might wanna keep your old DPF as a backup. There's no way you got a new one off a Pitt Ohio truck. :SMOKIE-RT:

Jim

ahrite man,,,,thanks for the cool shots,,,cant believe all the weather you encounter,,,we havent seen anything here all year ......4 chainups.on donner pass all season,,,by now its usually..20-30,,,,not complaining,,,just sayin.lol.bob