Int'l V8 Day

kscarbel2

This is an International V8.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

So is this one.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Maybe that's not what you mean though.

Mike

Hmnn-you sure that f-2000 has a V-8? Never thought V-8's were avail in a 2000 series.

Worked my way through school working for a contractor and one of the things I drove was a B-180 powered by a 345 V-8. registered for 24,000 and would routinely gross 34,000! "5 and a 2"and that V-8 would fly!

Redhorse the IH 1900 was offered with both inline 6 and V-8 gaspots.It was the 1900 series same cab as 2000D used. Joe D.

Joe-thx for education-never knew there was a "1900" based on the 2000. Only experience I ever had with that series was we had a "cast off" 2000 that had been surplused in another part of the company. NH-250, RT-910 with that rubber block suspension (Hendrickson?) good thing I was young and did not have brittle bones!

Red horse I have a IH VF 190 with a V-8 549 5X3 trans tandem and a IH 2000D with a 6-71 13 speed Hendrickson rubber block. I bobtailed it home from Wapaca,Wisconsin about 10 years ago when I won the auction on it. It was a Waupaca County,Wisconsin lowboy tractor. Alternator died about 20 miles from when I picked it up no heat It was February I had to save batteries for lights. About 950 miles only stopped for fuel,I hope never again like that. Joe D.

Red horse I have a IH VF 190 with a V-8 549 5X3 trans tandem and a IH 2000D with a 6-71 13 speed Hendrickson rubber block. I bobtailed it home from Wapaca,Wisconsin about 10 years ago when I won the auction on it. It was a Waupaca County,Wisconsin lowboy tractor. Alternator died about 20 miles from when I picked it up no heat It was February I had to save batteries for lights. About 950 miles only stopped for fuel,I hope never again like that. Joe D.

Small world-that rubber block 2000D came from our Milwaukee terminal-must have been something in the air out there! Now I would bet tht 549 would/will move!

if I was that truck ............I would want my barn back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will keep an eye out for a visor.

when I worked at the apple warehouse we had ford 534,477,and475 also a ih 549 and what a horse race between the 534 and the 549,usally a photo finish.

• Like 1

if I was that truck ............I would want my barn back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will keep an eye out for a visor.

when I worked at the apple warehouse we had ford 534,477,and475 also a ih 549 and what a horse race between the 534 and the 549,usally a photo finish.

Lucky for it and its stablemates the scrapper that the grandkids of the owner hired to clean out the barn had a sense of values and took the trucks home to resell instead of scrapping them.

• Like 2

L.J. Kennedy (Red Kennedy) From my home town of Kearny NJ had a fleet ov those IH's both tandems and single axels with the 549's As a kid I would ride my bike down to his shop and talk to his mechanics, I seem to remember them changing distributer caps on those V-8's for some reason or other?

BULLHUSK

L.J. Kennedy (Red Kennedy) From my home town of Kearny NJ had a fleet ov those IH's both tandems and single axels with the 549's As a kid I would ride my bike down to his shop and talk to his mechanics, I seem to remember them changing distributer caps on those V-8's for some reason or other?

BULLHUSK

The caps would get moisture in them and develop a miss from carbon tracks in side the cap. The trick was to drill a small hole in the top to vent the moisture. Where the moisture came from? Nobody could ever answer

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Might have been condensation from heat cycling of the engine?

I never really minded playing with points but certainly electronic ignition is nice to have with usually better performance and economy. I have been lucky and only had one module ever fail.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Bought quite a few vehicles over the years that "had severe un-diagnosible" problems the were miss adjusted points or had a worn rub block. Go to a shop now and you'll hear how complicated old care are, what with adjusting points, setting timing and adjusting carburetors are. ;)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE