Mack's V8-Powered "C" Series - Comin' On Strong

Ah, yes! The C!

Introduced in '63, I believe.

Not a bad idea...short BBC. Good engine options.

Might have lasted longer if the U & R hadn't come out in '65. The U was aimed pretty much at the same market, I believe.

Still, seeing a C in person is pretty cool. It's just plain different! Does have some interesting character.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Croton-On-Hudson, NY Fire Department converted what was a oil or septic rig to its original tanker which eventually went on to serve Pocantico Hills Fire Department a few miles south.

Found pic on google. Credit to original photographer.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/crotontanker10/welcome_to_croton_tanker_10s_photopage/index.album/the-first-tanker-10?i=2&s=1

Edited by General Ike
  • Like 1

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

General Ike H.B.Sproul was located in Scranton,Penna. They are in Clarks Summit now and have a very short wheelbase Superliner V-8 I think. Their C-Model is owned by a rigging crane company on Keyser Avenue Scranton. I do not know if related to RC Sproul. I cannot think of name now.Their was a C-Model V-8 in Craigslist or Truck Paper in Oregon tandem with tank on back in the last year.I do not know if it sold. Joe D.

• 1 year later...

I never new the C model fenders swung out. C Model was a beautiful cross between a L and B model. Would have continued to make the accountants happy. This was the perfect answer to the White 9000 A car cab. Only speculating but the C model if continued may have outsold the U model. Sorry Vinny.

Edited by james j neiweem