Pictures of the Week

other dog

I've been sitting around running the electric bill up more than i've been working lately. I took a load of lumber to Bluefield, Va. Wednesday and came back empty.

Then I took a load of steel to Charlotte from Lynchburg and came back to Moneta and loaded lumber for Coconut Lake,Pa. to leave Sunday with. Got a return load of roll-off bodies in Greenville going to Ringold, Va.

I saw the radar dome from Bedford when I went to Moneta.

attachicon.gifDSCN5206.JPG

I saw a gator before I got to Roanoke.

attachicon.gifDSCN5208.JPG

...on the back of a container.

attachicon.gifDSCN5209.JPG

Rt. 460, west of Blacksburg.

attachicon.gifDSCN5210.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN5211.JPG

New River-

attachicon.gifDSCN5212.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN5213.JPG

some equipment in Narrows-

attachicon.gifDSCN5214.JPG

and a big Mack truck-

attachicon.gifDSCN5215.JPG

Rt. 460 between Narrows and Rich Creek.

attachicon.gifDSCN5216.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN5217.JPG

The New River is to the left, them there hills and the big stack are on the West Virginia side.

attachicon.gifDSCN5218.JPG

Who names these roads around here anyway?

attachicon.gifDSCN5220.JPG

Lots of big yellow machines in Princeton, W.V.

attachicon.gifDSCN5222.JPG

Lowes store in Bluefield. I'm headed back out from behind the store here. I went inside and they said to go back around front and they would unload me in front of the main entrance. They got 20" of snow out there, so I had to go all the way behind the store, turn around in a snow covered parking lot, the go all the way back around to the front, and even then they got the forklift stuck and broke the bands on a pack of 2x4's trying to get me unloaded, dumping them on the trailer.

attachicon.gifDSCN5224.JPG

The big stack from W.V, looking towards the Va. line.

attachicon.gifDSCN5229.JPG

Four wheelers, dump trucks, trains...the New River is in front of the train, the road curves to the right and crosses the bridge into Va.

attachicon.gifDSCN5230.JPG

The New River, from the bridge.

attachicon.gifDSCN5232.JPG

A man, in a boat, in the river...fishing. I don't remember exactly how cold it was, but I think it was around 30 degrees.

attachicon.gifDSCN5233.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN5234.JPG

New River-

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/public/style_images/spectrum/attachicon.gif DSCN5235.JPG

Art Reed's place, Montvale, Va.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/public/style_images/spectrum/attachicon.gif DSCN5236B.jpg

love the old IH. Crawler with crane

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Now that is a mail box holder!!! Better than my piddly little Caterpillar..

post-3242-0-92699900-1425142267_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thank you for the pics Tom.

It's nice to see long ways while you're off the steering wheel spending time in a shop.

Sometimes it's not so bad to work in a shop while the roads are snowy and icey though.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Tom,

Thanks again for all the pics of your travels. Your "other dog" looks like the one we had when I was a kid! I remember many a winter morning up in the U.P. of Michigan,she had a tough time finding a good spot to do her business! Ha ha! I'd keep a run shoveled off in the back yard,just so she didn't have to freeze her little butt off! Love the photo chopping, also. You crack me up! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA