Dry air filter replacement element for R model oil bath air cleaner?

57 bcr

Guys (& wimmins too!),

Did anyone either make a dry type element for this old style air filter,or ever convert their old oil bath R model air cleaner to a dry filter? I would just replace it with a later dry type filter/housing,but do not want to lose the '60's look,if you know what I mean? Any thoughts? Thanks,Al

post-510-0-34725700-1424921410_thumb.jpg

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Watt's does sell the dry-type(that looks like an oil bath) for the B. It only has the single outlet on it. I guess if worse comes to worse,I could go with that one,and just forget about the under the hood intake deal. Wouldn't look too bad. Thanks guys. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Thanks Mike,Jake & Kevin! I'm sure somebody does make an element that would fit. Might have to take one of you guys up on that offer. Would be better to inspect one that's off a truck 1st,for sure! Thanks again. Al

Mine was changed over to what I think of as a R model dry type system but I've purchased an original oil bath type to go back on it. I want the old school look. Dimensionally the new style was taller and a bit smaller in diameter. The portion of the fender under it had been cut and relieved to accomodate the depth of it. That portion of the restoritive surgery has been completed. I have not seen a conversion kit and from what I recall it would be a pain to make that conversion. I'd think modifying a newer style would be easier to pull off. I guess it all depends on how bad you want hte old look with the new convenience.

• Like 1