Pictures of the Week*

other dog

Once upon a time I bought a used 1987 (If I remember right) SL-1 4-door sedan for my first wife. Had the 4cyl and automagic. If I remember right, it had around 29,000 on it when we bought it. Only issue I ever had was some kinda valve dohickey thingamajigger in the tranny that wouldnt allow it to go in reverse. It was covered under the warranty. Other then that, as long as I changed the erl regularly and all the other PM stuff, it went on and on without a hiccup. Until the first wife did her vanishing act. Initial negotiations allowed her to hold onto it because she was going to school and work......So dumbass me said "ok hold it and you keep making the payments." It was in my name with my father as a co-signer. (we were young and didn't have a lot of credit....) Then the non-payment notices kept coming and coming and finally Father started getting them,.....and the phone calls. Then I got the phone call from him....."Get that fucking car back from her and make the payments or sell it, cause I'm not going down the shitter for HER." So I called her and told her she had to cough up the money or the car........Went to the firehouse the next morning, worked my normal 24 hours. Got a call later that night from her......"The car is parked in the driveway, the keys and payment book are in the glove box."

Bitch.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Not a weather station,but a similar odd looking thing! this is some sort of Naval Training center in Moorestown,NJ called the "Cornfield Cruiser" looks just like a ship out in the cornfield! I've passed this thing for years and always wondered what it was for. O.D.s weatherstation finally reminded me to look it up on my interweb machine!.........................Mark

post-5836-0-34915000-1424611891.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

The buiding made from trailers is a good idea. I've gathered nine of the ten containers needed to make my shop in Va. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I ventured out to the store to get some beer snacks for watching the Daytoner 500 and swung by the dumpster to drop off some trash just now. The road is still slush covered in most places, but it's up to 36 degrees and I cut tracks almost down to the pavement in the Ranger pickup. One pass up and back with a plow now would clean everything, but i'm not expecting that to happen. And it's just going to re-freeze tonight.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Jeff is on the pole but with the plate racing circus, who knows were he will finish. I am hedging my bets on Cousin Carl, Tony or Jr. to repeat.

Good picks, any of the Hendrick cars could do it- but one to watch might be Martin Truex Jr.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I ventured out to the store to get some beer snacks for watching the Daytoner 500 and swung by the dumpster to drop off some trash just now. The road is still slush covered in most places, but it's up to 36 degrees and I cut tracks almost down to the pavement in the Ranger pickup. One pass up and back with a plow now would clean everything, but i'm not expecting that to happen. And it's just going to re-freeze tonight.

We got a nice break today up to 40 degrees in Bangor, PA after 6 more inches of snow last night. Forecast for below zero again by Monday morning, though. Gotta put my under armour on again tomorrow[emoji107]

Damn Underdog we're practically neighbors.......My kids have wrestled in Bangor!!!!

One needs to practice caution and up most decorum while wrestling in downtown Bangor in order to avoid accusations of harassment. The young men already have their pants halfway down and the wimmin folk generally go to market with pajamas and fuzzy slippers. Tough to put a hold on anyone without appearing inappropriate.

Gregg

Perhaps I should have clarified: My kids have wrestled within the Lehigh Valley Intramural Wrestling League and haven participated at events held in (if I remember correctly a community center) Bangor.....Could have been the high school, too.

I won't let them wrestle the likes of which you spoke- they would probably kick the halfway-down pants wearing pansies asses and send them off crying to their mommies.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Not a weather station,but a similar odd looking thing! this is some sort of Naval Training center in Moorestown,NJ called the "Cornfield Cruiser" looks just like a ship out in the cornfield! I've passed this thing for years and always wondered what it was for. O.D.s weatherstation finally reminded me to look it up on my interweb machine!.........................Mark

AEGIS is a naval anti aircraft, anti missle defense system. Part of Reagan's Star Wars system. Looks like a ship because the super structure and Array was lifted directly from the Arleigh Burke AEGIS equipped Destroyers.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I think that ship-looking thing in Moorestown is in the same field that used to have the giant golf-ball structure back in the 60's. It was on RCA property and was one of the "DEWLINE" installations which stood for defense early warning something, something. Super duper double top secret stuff at that time. Inside the ball was a giant radar antenna. Sucker was huge, I estimate 3 stories high. By special permission of a senator and an admiral my boy scout troop managed to get a tour of the facility. When we were in the dome at first the antenna wasn't moving... But when they started it up I nearly jumped out of my socks. It was about like, imagine, a 3 story building spinning about 60 RPM. The slew ring on the bottom of it had to be 30 or 40 ft. in diameter. Nothing that big should move that fast. Truly stunning. Giant big screen across the width of the building with dozens of guys tracking every single thing in space including even the pieces of space junk. Looking, watching, for anything coming over the horizon. Its been nearly 50 years ago now but I'll never forget seeing something that big move that fast. I imagine long since declassified so maybe there is some video on YouTube or somewhere.

Found it if you are interested. http://jsf1.homestead.com/MoorestownGolfBall.html

• Like 2

Perhaps I should have clarified: My kids have wrestled within the Lehigh Valley Intramural Wrestling League and haven participated at events held in (if I remember correctly a community center) Bangor.....Could have been the high school, too.

I won't let them wrestle the likes of which you spoke- they would probably kick the halfway-down pants wearing pansies asses and send them off crying to their mommies.

If you've been to Bangor high school you were a stone's throw from my house I live about a mile up from five points. depending on the age group, they might have had events downtown at the Beehive community center or down by Martins Creek at the old Centerville school.

I always have time to stop and site see in hellertown, I can never seem to get passed exit 67 without a traffic jam lol I 78 is almost as bad as route 22 anymore!

Gregg