Pictures of the Week*

other dog

Seems everywhere has snow and cold temperatures. I am ready for some warmer temps. Wifey and I are going to Tucson next Thursday for a week of R&R and warmer temperatures. Maybe when we return in early March it will be warmer.

Thanks for posting!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I have loaded many van loads at Wheelabrator..A regular back haul from our DC in Luray.. Never noticed the weather dome on the mountain?? In the van they use 30 gallon drums on pallets, 18 to 22 of them in a single line down the center, with NO blocking!! Especially on an aluminum floor!! Have to take the corners real easy all the way to Laredo..

Thanks for all the pictures.. Actually I would rather have your snow than the rain at 28 degrees that built up ICE on everything and knocked out our power for about 6 hours.

• Like 1

Brocky

That's it for the POTW? Some broad with Oreo's?

Edit: Found the rest of the pics.

Other Dog seems to be thinkin' "WTF!".

That narrow band of flurries on I-64 was moving through the area at about 62 mph.

How's come your 10 degree tarping suit doesn't include a hat?

Too bad about that that driver losing his bumper, but then again....

Thanks for the pics. As always you seem to just take in stride whatever is thrown at you. :twothumbsup:

Jim

That's it for the POTW? Some broad with Oreo's?

Edit: Found the rest of the pics.

Other Dog seems to be thinkin' "WTF!".

That narrow band of flurries on I-64 was moving through the area at about 62 mph.

How's come your 10 degree tarping suit doesn't include a hat?

Too bad about that that driver losing his bumper, but then again....

Thanks for the pics. As always you seem to just take in stride whatever is thrown at you. :twothumbsup:

Yeah, there were plenty of parking spots when I got there, i'm sure he could have found one- maybe he ran out of hours right there.

That Hugh Rowland looking hat is the cat's ass, as Larry Wales used to say. I pull my hood up over it and my head will be sweating it's so warm. Got it at the Wal Mart store a few years ago, forgot what it cost but it was money well spent.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Enjoyed the pictures. I have had it with winter as it is snowing here again today. I will get the backhoe out and clear the lane this afternoon again. Thinking of going to Prescott AZ. to see my sister then farther south.

Thank you very much. It was snowing here a while ago, but it stopped- now it's sleeting! Still only 18 degrees.

I have loaded many van loads at Wheelabrator..A regular back haul from our DC in Luray.. Never noticed the weather dome on the mountain?? In the van they use 30 gallon drums on pallets, 18 to 22 of them in a single line down the center, with NO blocking!! Especially on an aluminum floor!! Have to take the corners real easy all the way to Laredo..

Thanks for all the pictures.. Actually I would rather have your snow than the rain at 28 degrees that built up ICE on everything and knocked out our power for about 6 hours.

Picture from google earth-

post-1374-0-41285300-1424551432_thumb.jp

You can look over to the right and see it from 460 west in many places between Lynchburg and Montvale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Orchard_Mountain

Closer view-

post-1374-0-21081600-1424552214.jpg

Since you got the Saturn a day or two ago, how is it working out for Miss Jo?

So far so good, except we had to replace the intake manifold because it was leaking water. It was leaking where the heater hose connects to the manifold. I didn't realize that it was part of the manifold itself where the hose connected, but it was- all made in one piece, and the manifold is all plastic. I've never seen such- plastic manifold...geez! But that's been the only issue so far.