Time to Re-tire

Superdog

If you are in a spending mood, and need another "kid", my B model could use a pair of steers!! They are dated 14 yrs old and just starting to see weather checks in the sidewalls. Time to replace them as I don't like to have to deal with it at 2am on the side of the highway. The old ones are far from used up and hope to sell them off to someones trailer.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Ya, seem to hear that a lot LOL!!

I just know that the $200 I paid for them back in '02 will not be what I pay for them in 2015! These only have about 50K miles on them. Lots of tread, just don't want to trust them as steer tires anymore.

Time sure does fly by.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Ya, seem to hear that a lot LOL!!

I just know that the $200 I paid for them back in '02 will not be what I pay for them in 2015! These only have about 50K miles on them. Lots of tread, just don't want to trust them as steer tires anymore.

Time sure does fly by.

the Firestones I bought for the steer were just shy of $900 for the pair,FET and state sales tax included. I went cheap on the drives,$2350 for all 8,they are Chinese,hope they work out. Didn't have to use chopstix to mount them,so maybe they will be ok

$900+ for ONE!!

Run some Chineese on the rears. This brand is not bad. The previous ones were junk

Can't wrap my head around $500-$600 a tire to go in the landfill

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

The last four years I have used china tires because on a dump truck one year is all we get.

I got 50,000 miles out of the last set of goodyear tires on my dump,the guy i work for used the cheap china tires and like you say they don't even last one season,they just disintegrate,you get what you pay for.
  • Like 1

I second milkman. I have bought some kumho drives for my IH from Rudolph, my sales guy was Shawn I believe. Bought them last summer, $385 a piece for lo pro 24.5 drives. I had a positive expirience and will call them when it's time to buy tires for the Mack. Beaver express driver stacked 'em neatly in the shop too.

Not a recent experience,but years ago I ran a set of Kumho drives on my CH and to tell the truth I was damn happy with them! only one I ever lost was not the tires fault,i ran over something that caused it to come apart. I agree with never cheaping out on steers,even back when I started in my F-model ( which was mostly tape and bailing wire),i managed to buy a new set of Goodyear steers on credit......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.