well now I guess we know what a superliner or r model with a setback front axle would look like.

Tim did you notice if all, or any axles were steerable ? I think the trailer cost more than the mack did when it was new!

Gearhead, I'm not sure if it has steerable axles. I was told these trailers are about 350K the old RB pulling it is pretty cool.

I could use that to move my Wheel Horse lawn mower!

Jim, as long as you have your signs and flags along with 2 pilot vechicles you'll do just fine!

• Like 1

Timo

Gudday M8

R they rows of 8 or rows of 4 on D RSend?

How many ton do U get on RSend?

dose the trailer widen out?

thanx in advance

cya

§wishy

Gday Swishy Rows of eight they be 80 tonnes all up and 2.5 meters (8'6") to 3.7 meters( 12'1")

looks like the climate is a little nicer to stuff over there. I squinted my eyes and imagined what 6-8 years of New York State salt would do to a trailer like that and it wasn't a pretty picture haha

For sure Maddog, lots of old trucks and cars and trailers in awesome shape. Not like northern Vermont for sure!

Probably steers like a goldhofer or military HET trailer, the front axle is rigid all others turn in increasing angles. The M1000 HET trailer has 5 axle lines with 4 wheel bogies on each side and the 4 rear lines then a max of 5 degrees, 15 degrees, 30 degrees and 45 degrees. Biggest reason I remember is that's the speed limits on the CTI settings too for the M1070 tractor.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Probably steers like a goldhofer or military HET trailer, the front axle is rigid all others turn in increasing angles. The M1000 HET trailer has 5 axle lines with 4 wheel bogies on each side and the 4 rear lines then a max of 5 degrees, 15 degrees, 30 degrees and 45 degrees. Biggest reason I remember is that's the speed limits on the CTI settings too for the M1070 tractor.

I was thinking the same kinda set up as the M1000 HET trailer, if I remember right the steering was accomplished by a deal that rode between the cut out on the fifthwheel to steer it. You could also manually steer it, raise and lower it, I remember more than once stopping drivers because they messed with the alignment and were doglegging in the ditch or on coming traffic.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Yeah Thomas, its got a wedge that is made to fit in the back of the 5th wheel. Your supposed to back off the adjustment but, couple the trailer, make sure your straight and then tighten the but pull in the wedge up to the 5th wheel. From there its got mechanical linkages all the way back with drag links of different lengths to make the turn angle tighter as you go back, the hyd. Adjustment is made by a cylinder that is built into the actuator rod to shorten or lengthen it. You can lift or lower the 4 corners independently, like lower the rear corner and the right side to get that corner down. Supposedly for loading completely level since some mil equipment is on steel tracks and it could slide sideways on an angled deck. Of course then you have to geg the suspension level and set the rid height after you load. To get one axle up to change tires or whatever you lower the trailer, attach a chain harness that's made to fit under the bogies, then raise the trailer all the way up, that one bogie will come up in the air with the deck. Then you remove the but from one end of the drag link and pop it loose to spin the bogie to get at inside tires. Its pretty damn ingenious when you get all into how they work and how they're made. The heavy goldhofer trailers are built the same way, freaking crazy engineering.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"