A Few from Iowa 80

Mike nice pictures. Do you know if the Stokes Coal came from The Bronx,New York? I heard some old timers that mentioned that they used to deliver Anthracite (hard coal) from Northeastern,Pa. to them.The Brockway has the factory (pretty sure) wood option surrounding the outside door frame. I have heard it called the "Queen Anne" model. Not sure if that is official designation. Joe D.

Mike nice pictures. Do you know if the Stokes Coal came from The Bronx,New York? I heard some old timers that mentioned that they used to deliver Anthracite (hard coal) from Northeastern,Pa. to them.The Brockway has the factory (pretty sure) wood option surrounding the outside door frame. I have heard it called the "Queen Anne" model. Not sure if that is official designation. Joe D.

Stokes had a coal yard and barge piers in the Bronx near the Erie Lakawana and NY Central Terminal Market. May have had a second in Brooklyn near the LIRR barge and rail terminal.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'll do some digging,I have pics of the AC before they restored it,it was really rough but it still ran.

The Brockway has belonged to them for a very long time,so has the AB and trailer.

Mike

Thanks for the pictures.. Am planning on stopping there again when ATHS is in Des Moines. 2017

Joe D.

I stopped there on the way to Yakima. If I remember correctly the Brockway was one of the first trucks Father Bill Moon bought and/or restored.

Brocky