One of Our Own Runs for ATCA Board

fxfymn

Actually, in reading the "pitch" for each candidate, it is a tough call without knowing anyone. In any event, as I'm also an ATHS member, this process is what IMO puts ATCA ahead of ATHS. You don't elect people into ATHS positions. You spend the postage to "approve" a slate.

ATHS is overhead, paid staff and a lot of cost that will never benefit me. Do I plan on visiting the office? the "library"? The "Motor Cargo" sign?? No. ATHS is a classic case of an organization growing to justify the paid staff. By the way. as for the library. between my own material, the stuff all my pals have accumulated, and the Mack Museum, what more do I need. Oh-and the internet and enthusiast sites like this are a great thing.

Sorry ATHS, but that is how I see it. "Work expands with time allocated" Favortite expression of an old boss of mine and I think for sure that has driven the "growth" of ATHS. Perhsps we will see some changes in the future with the recent change in leadership. As I will pay my new renewal notice I hope so,

• Like 1

Thanks for the support. ATCA is a great organization. It is nice that it is based in Boyertown, where I live.

Doug, I have voted for you every time you have been on the ballot.

Mike

Right back at you, I plan on voting for you many times over the next few years Mike!

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Doug,

I am back in OH and saw the latest issue of Double Clutch. I am ready to send in my ballot but have a question. How many "seats" are open? The ballot states "vote for up to 4 people". I'm confused which does not take much these days.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Sorry Doug; the comment was based on this years slate.

OBTW; I think the ATCA is definitely on the right track and is what I want in a club. Thanks to you and all of the BOD who work hard to make it fun for the rest of us.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!