Mack Tow Trucks and Wreckers

Superdog

jakebrake as PeterMack says it's still workin'! It's a B-81 radiator/grill shell,as far as I know. I broke a brass elbow off of a relay valve one time & Mark Steffenhagen came out to bring it to me in that very wrecker. Expecting a pickup, I thought,"what's this gonna cost me?". Mark said,"the only reason I bought the wrecker is,it has all the right tools on it!" He charged me like $25 + the elbow!

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I think I might have to find myself a single axle B61 wrecker. Damn this thread.

Was for sale in Delaware at Tom's Towing last year for $500 or best offer ran and wrecker worked too

1961 B-61

61b61b_zps9840db0f.jpg

61b61a_zps849aede3.jpg

T Amoducci, in New Jersey

tamoducci_zps3df5bf09.jpg

1919 AC at work scrapping

chaindriveACMackatwork_zps638829c4.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

$500 and you didn't bring it home ???

I found the ad a year late..

1961 B61 Mack Tow Truck

Sale price: $0.00 make an offer

Last update: 08.11.2013

Seller's notes: This truck runs and drives, was restored years ago, has some surface rust, otherwise, mechanically sound with heavy duty dual winch. Great truck to be restore or use as is. If you have any questions call 302-540-1990.

Sale type: Fixed price listing

Technical specifications, photos and description:
Color: Green Mileage: 99,999 Engine: Diesel Trim: Green Interior Color: Black Vehicle Title: Clear

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

im hopin he forgot a 0 myself.....

Nope best offer, none refused as from the original ad from August 2013, Toms Towing, Delaware, U.S.A.. but ad was listed on a world wide site.

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=60067

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Holy Cow! Sure looks like it could be the same truck or its twin. The truck had Fairfield Transmission on the side with Texas plates.

Lots of details are the same between the two like modified fuel tank steps and pin striping details, truck colors, etc. Very interesting!

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Jim,the wrecker in my picture was taken at Englishtown,NJ in the early 80's the company in question (Nicolette Towing) has been located in Bellville,NJ since 1943! They are still around,still use the same paint scheme/colors,but have gone (sadly) mostly to "brand-x" equipment..................................Mark

I couldn't get the "linky" thing to work,but if you look up Nicolette Auto Body,there site should come up,has mostly pictures of the new trucks

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.