Greetings from an Upstate New York new guy

NY-B61

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! This is my first Mack, the last ten years were spent refurbishing and enjoying a series of Willys Wagons and FC's. Simple in design, well thought out vehicles with tons of history behind them but they became too familiar. Rebuild the carb blindfolded, replace steering ball joints with both hands tied behind the back, refurb the transfer case while blindfolded with both hands tied behind the back AND 'Monster Mash' playing at full volume - the challenge was gone. And a Willys doesn't really have six or eight (depending on configuration) sequential forward speeeds. It was time. ;)

GreenGiant2 - I'm located a little Northeast of Buffalo about 50 miles from your neck of the woods. You have a nice looking set-up! Mr. Superdog - Yes, I bought her from Dennis and feel fortunate to count him as a friend. I didn't want to spend the next ten years turning a wrench daily, even blindfolded, so bought a B61 as mechanically sound as can be. I still have a lot of learnin' to do and this is a great place for it! :)

Welcome! Nice B, im from Northern NY. I live in Glenfield which is by Lowville if youve ever heard of there. Im restoring a U model but that is at my grandparents in Carthage which is near Watertown.

Thanks for the welcome! Every U model I've seen has awesome pulling power and a unique sound to it.

• Like 2

Damn I miss my jeeps :(.

There are plenty out there now from all years at near give-away prices. I don't miss the rust on every model I ever owned or worked on. By the time the welding sparks settled and the new body panels, cross members, floor pans and windshield pillars finished cooling, I could have bought a Mack - already painted. :lol:

What did you have?

1988 AMC Jeep YJ 4.2l and a 1994 Mopar Jeep YJ 2.5l. The 88 was an absolute jewel, but the 94 was a whole new kind of beat when I got it ......

Maybe one day the boss will let me have another toy :)

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....