VW and Paccar

Bullheaded

V.W. was interested in Navistar in 2012 /2013 never saw anything on PAACAR

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

wow didnt know they were so big...bob

Volkswagen Group is the 3rd largest vehicle maker in the world and owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, Škoda and Volkswagen marques; motorcycles under the Ducati brand; and commercial vehicles under the MAN, Scania, Neoplan Buses and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles marques. The company operates 100 production facilities across 27 countries. It holds a 19.9% non-controlling shareholding in Suzuki and has two major joint-ventures in China FAW-Volkswagen and Shanghai Volkswagen. BIG!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It's been in Today's Trucking and Truck News the last couple weeks. VW says they want to become the largest in the world. Also says the Navistar deal isn't off the table yet either.

Also says Navistar is still working with MAN and Scania....and guess who owns them? LOL.

Odd, I'm not seeing any news links on your posts.

Navistar has never worked with Scania. The former Mack Trucks is the only U.S. truckmaker that Scania ever cooperated with.

MAN and Navistar are not actively cooperating (as, for example, in a joint venture). Navistar merely purchased a license agreement to produce the MAN D20 and D26 engines in their own U.S. facility. And since Navistar has made moves to break the terms of the license agreement and export these license-built engines abroad (into MAN's global markets), not to mention ignoring MAN's advice on EGR's limitations, the German truck and engine manufacturer is quite frustrated with Navistar and almost wishes they'd never given Navistar a license.

Searching for "Volkswagen" on Today's Trucking and Truck News, I note there isn't any news on the German company within the last couple weeks. The only news, that Navistar was considering making a move two years ago in 2012 to purchase Navistar, is old news.

http://www.todaystru...data=Volkswagen

http://www.trucknews.com/?s=Volkswagen

Didn't think I had to post links with this "top secret" information. I guess it's all false then. I made it up.

But interesting to note that everything you post is always posted first on their weekly email updates they send out. Sometimes even word for word. LOL.

You better go after them....they are stealing your info before you post it, LOL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Germany a few years ago. VW also makes the Skoda locomotive. Was surprised to be told that

V W owns Skoda.

P.T.CHESHIRE