Greetings from Ontario

dmlinton

Thanks for the great welcome, folks.

I won't make Macungie this year - maybe next.

I want to keep the truck as close to original as I can at least initially. May change my mind though as hauling the heavy loads with a 120 HP gasser and using a 350 HP diesel for personal transportation somehow seems backward. I wonder how much fun I'd have putting that Cummins and drive train out of my RAM in the B30?

Thanks for the tip on Adirondackmack - he is actually within driving distance. I will add him to my parts sources list.

Best regards, Dennis

Welcome aboard ! I saw your truck on kijji recently. Wasn't there long though. I think it was very reasonably priced.

And like everyone else I'm glad to see your restoring it.

You sure have come to the right place for info and ideas, there is a lot of knowledgable "B" people here.

And pics are always welcome.

Keith

Keith 

I did, indeed, find it on Kijiji, Keith. Are you in my end of Ontario by any chance? The truck was purchased new by Durham Transport to pick up milk. The guy I bought it from bought it around 1972 and hauled milk for another ten years or so. The truck then had a dump body installed and went into clearing fence lines and hauling gravel for another twenty years or so. It was then "semi-retired" until 2010 to hauling a 2,000 gallon water tank to water cattle and supply pesticide sprayers. The truck only ended up fully retired only because local law enforcement were not keen on the truck being driven, without license or insurance, about a 100 yards down the road to essentially cross the road.

I am very curious to see how the truck handles as the 120 HP/5 speed combo and a 20,000 lb pay load (the milk tank was that capacity as well) don't compute well in this day and age. The sticker on the door does report the Registered GVW to be 32,000 lb.

Best regards, Dennis

I live close to Bolton. Its about an hour north of Toronto.

Thats cool that you already know some of the history of the truck.

I think you should think about repowering. Ask the guys on here what they would suggest . Sure they could point you in the right direction.

Keith

Keith