cant copy and paste

MACKS

Macks : I was just asking a similar Question about copying & pasting a link & I was told Chrome works good when posting pics & links to BMT .

I was trying to post a link on BMT Earlier through Internet Exploer & I was having problems too .

Next time I post a link or pic to BMT Im gonna try Posting while using Chrome .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I just purchased a new computer with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11. There are issues but I am not switching to an earlier version or Chrome or ????? IE11 has issues in BMT with copy/paste and quotes. Who knows what other issues will surface.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Yup, if you are running internet explorer, if it's latest updates are not installed and don't correspond with the forum's software, it causes hiccups- or so I am told, use to happen to me here all the time. I have since switched to chrome, and have zero issues.

That's what I did. I switched from AOL to IE because AOL started to suck, then when I discovered google chrome I started using that and have ever since, everything seems to be bigger, stronger, faster...

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I just purchased a new computer with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11. There are issues but I am not switching to an earlier version or Chrome or ????? IE11 has issues in BMT with copy/paste and quotes. Who knows what other issues will surface.

Same here,I just downloaded firefox and went that rout,worked fine,did the copy n paste with no problem,thanks for tips..by the way I hate this windows 8,wish i could down grade..lol

The quote feature, Yardo!...........You know, in the lower right hand corner. It will not allow me to "quote" somebody's post,as in a reply. No biggie. I posted it a couple months back,and other guys were having the same trouble.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

It's hard to say what issues may arise with IE...especially IE11! We have to block all IE11 updates at work because Mack's web applications as well as our in house inventory applications will not run on IE11!

BMT is completely up to date and supported by Invision Power boards so we aren't running any old, out of date software or anything. I just think IE doesn't like to play well with others! LOL!

• Like 1

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

• 4 weeks later...

Ya, I can't post pics, quotes, or hyperlink anything at home(with IE). I use chrome at work and it works okay. Guess I gotta change things at home. Thanks for clearing this up as it was driving me nuts.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 10 months later...