NY HUT?

mack mhe9

Don't know how it works for interstate but for me intrastate I have to have a hut number and pay mileage tax every three months, they don't even send out the form anymore you have to down load it on line or just pay on line which is what I do..

Ray, yes NY charges in addition to IFTA. It is a quarterly return that can be done on their website. You give them your miles traveled in NY and they tell you how much to pay. If investigated, they will not take mileage from a GPS; must have mileage documented such as log book showing odometer reading of mileage out less mileage in equals miles driven in NY. Their website gives all the Communistic rules and regulations.

• Like 1

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

yup exactly. Ny has been that way for ever. way back in the 50's. use to be if you bought a truck the Ny Dmv would run the Vin and if the Vin shows that the previous owner owed HUT tax, you would have to pay it before they would let you register it. same way with Antique trucks. when I went to register my B model, they ran the serial number to see if there was any Hut tax owed on it. what BS

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

NY also has a corporation tax there was a few trucking from Conn. that pick up cement in NY and del. to Conn . the fines were from 14k to 230k HICHCOTT bros got the the big one . Gas trailers still have to have a hut decal for deliverys.

Ed

You'll will be dam lucky if you don't get audited some time in the future, they don't miss a trick..

God help you if your missing one record too. Farm vehicles were supposed to be exempt, NY says no, I got audited a number of years ago. Got slammed for no log book on a DOT(N.Y.S. Farm plates) exempt Harvest truck that ran a 1 mile loop 2 weeks a year.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yep they got me for a simple mistake I was making for a while, I think they let it slide for a few years just so they could add more interest and penalty's, got to pay or you cant re register your truck..

Yep they got me for a simple mistake I was making for a while, I think they let it slide for a few years just so they could add more interest and penalty's, got to pay or you cant re register your truck..

I think you're 100% right. I know farm trucks are DOT exempt and a limited mileage range and carry a copy of the regs in each truck and yet I've been`subjected to Town of Riverhead P.D. DOT inspections. Ticketed, gone to the Village Court and shown the N.Y.S. Farm exemption had all violations dismissed BUT still had to pay a "processing fee" of $75 per ticket, (which is all they probably wanted). Just another reason to leave. Between the State, County, local Townships and PSEG I've had enough "fees" to last a lifetime. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

NY is a nice state to travel thru. BUT, They officially have the highest taxes of any state. What can you do? They cut us here in New England off from the rest of the country. I still do and have for the last ten years go west thru VT into NY to go south just because I refuse to pay Ma and CT their extortion fees

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

Just one more reason I havent been in years and dont plan on going anytime soon either, ok I dont plan on EVER going back!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Back in '03 I was going to ATHS convention in Syracuse. I still had truck plates on the Mack and went to get HUT temp permit. Christ, it was stupid. I was going 4 days, permit only good for 3 days. I'll be illegal coming or going so do I buy two 3 days? It was going to be $250!!!! Geezus. I quickly went to DMV and got historical tags and ran it that way. Haven't looked back.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Its a joke but its not funny,I pay extra to register my truck because of the weight, I pay for an over weight permit every year,I pay a heavy vehicle tax every year and on top of that I got to pay a tax for every mile I drive..

and somehow they cant seem to keep the govt funded but were supposed to be able to run our companies with what they let us keep after they get their hands out of our pocket, strange how that works.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

yup, and Ny has some of the worst roads in the 50 states. how about that stretch from Binghamton Ny to Oneonta? aka ''the thump thump road''. that will rattle your teeth. so bad there is actually grass growin in the cracks.

I lost 11 lug nut covers on that stretch of road in one day.....lol

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy