NY HUT?

mack mhe9

I still haven't heard anything good about trucking in NY from anybody except a guy that hauls cranes. He said they charged an extra "document" fee for NY and that it was 200% what it cost them to go into the state. The only good part Bout it was they made a couple grand extra every trip for the hassle.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I took a load to Rochester today, cost me $52 in tolls and the toll road was the roughest road I was on.

I can't get on or off Long Island with out a ton of tolls both ways. . .over $100 round trip.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just one more reason I havent been in years and dont plan on going anytime soon either, ok I dont plan on EVER going back!

Back in '03 I was going to ATHS convention in Syracuse. I still had truck plates on the Mack and went to get HUT temp permit. Christ, it was stupid. I was going 4 days, permit only good for 3 days. I'll be illegal coming or going so do I buy two 3 days? It was going to be $250!!!! Geezus. I quickly went to DMV and got historical tags and ran it that way. Haven't looked back.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Now I see in the "news" there is talk of raising the Federal fuel tax on Commercial Diesel to pay for Highway infrastructure repair. Supposedly with support from the trucking industry and the unions. Where are all the other fees we pay going ? Cumo and obama's vacations? Seems the tranportation monies are used like Social Security and are just a free money pool for the whims of the government.

They think they know best ...like requireing Back-up cameras for all vehicles. Maybe the parents should watch their children better instead of worrying about the latest reality show or rock stars F'up.

post-3242-0-55820200-1396801936.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

They think they know best ...like requireing Back-up cameras for all vehicles. Maybe the parents should watch their children better instead of worrying about the latest reality show or rock stars F'up.

attachicon.gifpayn_c11761620140403120100.jpg

Exactly! Wonder how much that will add to the price of a new vehicle? Bet the back up camera making people are jumping up and down and clapping their hands though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

No Ray its supposed to hurt, j really like the backup camera rule. I got an idea, nobody pays attention to the area around their vehicle now so let's put a video monitor on the console and have them looking down into the car while backing up! Oh wait but there's no camera on the sides, so as you turn your wheels backing up watching your monitor who is watching the sides of the car? Who is watching for other vehicles? Fuckin Stupid!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I can't get on or off Long Island with out a ton of tolls both ways. . .over $100 round trip.

Getting off is free if you take any East River bridge except the RFK (free) to Manhattan, then the Holland or Lincoln tunnels (free going westbound) to New Jersey (max 3 axles and no trailers on Holland). Try to hit the bridge before 6am to avoid traffic.

I know you already know this, just posting for the rest of us.

Edited by peter_x

Getting off is free if you take any East River bridge except the RFK (free) to Manhattan, then the Holland or Lincoln tunnels (free going westbound) to New Jersey (max 3 axles and no trailers on Holland). Try to hit the bridge before 6am to avoid traffic.

Pretty sure our membership is slimming down in that area, I hope nobody has to deal with that the rest of their days, I promise if they start charging tolls and shit around here my vehicles will get parked until I move to a more road friendly state.

Through Manhatten with a 40 foot container is a nightmare. . . equal to a trip through Alphabet City/ Hunts Point Market in the early 70's. I'd rather pay the tolls than a N.Y.P.D or N.Y.C.E ticket stop.

P.T.CHESHIRE