Superliner heater cover

I've seen people change the heater covers over to the RD style only because new superliner covers are not available. My question is can you just change the cover or do you have to change the whole heater box?

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

If you log on to Red Dot , a air conditioner manufacter ,they have a mack section that lists replacement parts and part numbers. The only problem ia that you have to buy from a authorized dealer. I have a 1986 superliner and have the round vents. They don't stock the round ones but I have seen the square ones.

To get the best COLD air, you must shut off the valve on the motor that's inline with the heater. I noticed a big difference with cooling.

I did that, and it would blow cold in the morning before the sun was up. But the a/c just couldnt keep up. I think this spring I will tint the side and back window. I just was disappointed with the results of $1600 in air conditioning parts

I did that, and it would blow cold in the morning before the sun was up. But the a/c just couldnt keep up. I think this spring I will tint the side and back window. I just was disappointed with the results of $1600 in air conditioning parts

The RD I used to run would freeze you out. But, if the drain out the front was restricted, I wouldn't work very well. Might want to check that.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...