1961 B613LST

MACKTRUCKS4

1961 B613LST Tractor, diesel, 20 speed, triple frame, 55,000 rears, 24.5" rubber, runs and drives except copper thieves got to it and took air lines on back frame, batteries and cables. Lots of surface rust but not all rotted. $4,500.00

570-436-1600 Mike

post-147-0-69219900-1394027881_thumb.jpg

post-147-0-82935400-1394027890_thumb.jpg

post-147-0-06984200-1394027899_thumb.jpg

post-147-0-29298400-1394027908_thumb.jpg

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

that's the most heavy duty LST I've ever seen. I'm betting the title don't match the frame numbers

Well Superdog, that's one bet you would loose on. I said the same thing when I first saw it, but checked frame, door tag and title, all matched as you can see by the pictures. Should have a turbo but I'm thinking motor was changed somewhere over the years, not sure what it is now, thinking 237? Couldn't find any numbers on the front of the motor by the water pump. Any thoughts?

B61LST would be naturally aspirated, B613LST would be turbo-charged.

post-147-0-71421100-1394037840_thumb.jpg

post-147-0-09493100-1394037872_thumb.jpg

post-147-0-89097800-1394037912_thumb.jpg

post-147-0-59330500-1394037993_thumb.jpg

post-147-0-80756300-1394038027_thumb.jpg

673 came with or without. Mine looks identical, with twin intake set up. Suppose to be 187 hp instead of 170 like the single intake set up. The turbo was 205 hp.

Looking at the far right, the front end cover of accy drive(right below the missing fuel filter canister), should be stamped 673P across the top.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

673 came with or without. Mine looks identical, with twin intake set up. Suppose to be 187 hp instead of 170 like the single intake set up. The turbo was 205 hp.

Looking at the far right, the front end cover of accy drive(right below the missing fuel filter canister), should be stamped 673P across the top.

That's where I looked and couldn't see any stamping.

I'll be damned,musta been built April 1st,cause it sure don't make sense,I don't see any of the L specs.

I think most of the "light weight" items got swapped out over the years. Rears, tranny cases, fuel tanks, spring hangers, what else was light weight?

This truck was built and shipped to Horner Mack, Vineland, NJ. date delivered 12-6-61. Anyone remember this dealer?

Also aluminum was; brakes, aluminum disc wheels with aluminum hubs, front bumper, front and rear water manifold, inlet and outlet water fittings, valve covers, engine front support, engine rear brackets, rear axle brake chamber brackets, spiders and shoes, rear spring end housing caps, and also all the things Superdog listed. It lists all are standard specs. With the wheels, hood, and fuel tanks as the only "aluminum options" for this model. Found all the listings in the paper work I got from the Mack Museum. I'm thinking with this truck being built with heavy rears, triple frame, and big tires, all the aluminum components didn't survive the smooth ride of the camel back. The one piece cast crossmember and trunnion bracket are listed as a weight saver (this truck has one of the heaviest trunnion's I've ever seen!) I will go check to see what is left on the truck when the snow melts (if ever)

• Like 2

Wow! I'm stumped, also???? Looks like a Woodward Hyd. Governor on the 673P (or is it a 711???). So much for the turbo (613) also....... :tease: Could be a cab-over motor, that was swapped in. Their numbers were stamped in the back top of the block (if your not having any luck on the accessory drive location).Hmmmmmm??????

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Horner Mack was my families home dealer for decades! they sold out to the Bergey Truck Group several years ago,one of the very last Old School" dealers that was left on the east coast. Personally,i wouldn't let Bergey change the hinges on my lunchbox!.....................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Horner Mack was my families home dealer for decades! they sold out to the Bergey Truck Group several years ago,one of the very last Old School" dealers that was left on the east coast. Personally,i wouldn't let Bergey change the hinges on my lunchbox!.....................................Mark

THATS NOT A VERY NICE THING TO SAY......SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD SOME BAD EXPERIENCES THERE, MARK

Macktrucks4,where about are u in Sugarloaf,PA i'm here in PHilly.I know the fellow and his wife that run Valley Seeding.We used to use them as a sub contractor for all of our seeding work on the interstates we did.I remember the fellow that owned it,Joe LaRock he was a great guy.Talking about Horner Mack they were one of the dealers we used over the years,never had a problem with them.

Joe LaRock passed away a few years ago and his wife just passed about 6 months age. His daughter Marylou runs the business now, no longer married to Burke. I'm very good friends with her, was just there yesterday, I stop just to say hi and leave about 3 or 4 hours later. I live only about 3 miles from valley seeding.

Macktrucks4,where about are u in Sugarloaf,PA i'm here in PHilly.I know the fellow and his wife that run Valley Seeding.We used to use them as a sub contractor for all of our seeding work on the interstates we did.I remember the fellow that owned it,Joe LaRock he was a great guy.Talking about Horner Mack they were one of the dealers we used over the years,never had a problem with them.