r model mack questions

Hi, Just bought an 85 r model dump truck ( 6 wheel ) looking for help with the following: has anyone ever changed the steering wheel to a smaller diameter than stock one? is it possible? available? and also looking to switch fuel tanks out to stainless, cant seem to find them. I am in the process of painting and renovating the truck a bit. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

A must do is change steering wheel they are so much better to drive with and you don't knock the tops off your knuckles every one that drives mine goes out and buys a small wheel the next day but its up to personal preference I guess

But it's only 1 nut to remove slip old one off and new on

Scaper,

A buddy of mine had to buy a new 75 gal. aluminum tank from MACK. His cost with discount over $800.00! Good used are like hens teeth! Al

Al, don't you remember it was polished tank or just smooth alumunium?

Polishing of the used one killed me so I'm looking for different solutions.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thanks for everyones help ! I did go ahead and get an 18" wood wheel from EBay, it looks really nice and the wood matches the interior perfectly. The tank issue remains tough, I may just put stainless straps on and paint the tanks the same as the cab. I have just sandblasted the dump body and will spray it this weekend, then the frame, then the cab!

Vlad, I haven't looked at the tank yet.It's still in the box! I will check it out,and give you an answer tomorrow. I would imagine it is just smooth,Vlad. Easy to polish,though being new.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA