For all of you guys who have pulled an old rusty Mack out of the field that has been sitting and rusting for years. What is the best way to remove the rusty lug nuts that haven't been taken off the truck in Years? I can probably get them off, but I figure why not ask someone who has done it before and save myself a little time and grief. Thanks

usually a 3/4 impact gun will snap the studs right off and make more work for you. I have used PB blaster on exhaust manifold bolts before that wouldn t budge, came back three days later and screwed them off by hand. amazing stuff, has some kind of catalyst in it to eat at the rust.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

actually an impact will break them loose with or without soaking them in your favorite "spirits", if you want to break them, use hand tools and a cheater extension. 99% of the time a 3/4" impact or a powerhouse 1/2" impact will pull the lug nut off or lug nut and stud.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Take your time and keep spraying it with your favorite snake oil, wire brush the surface rust off. When it comes time to remove the nut if there is a lot of thread exposed you can clean up the threads with a die. The big thing to remember is loosen the nut up until it stops moving then screw it back on and clean up the threads and repeat.