Joined a gym..

Eastcoastdiesel

Peter Mack : I know what your saying about working a ton of hours & trying to get a workout in . im blessed w/ guys I help, they work with me on my schedule (they are like family) to get my workout . They know what my workout means to me . not everybody would be willing to work w/ me like this.

most of time during the busy season im in the gym early in morning . but if I have get a early morning run for work im usually back home by 1 to 3 pm so I get my workout then . if im cutting grass I get it in early in the morning then help my 2 of my buddies cut grass after the dew falls .

As long as im moving weather its exercise doing chores or work & I watch what & how much I eat I know i'll never go back to where I once was .

Yardo I couldn't had said it better brother . 8)

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I was lucky because my employer for 32 years forced me to stay in shape if I wanted to keep my job. They also provided the equipment, time and annual physicals for me. Since I retired it has a been a bit more of a struggle. The DW and I try to walk regularly, but generally the excuses are easier than the workout.

A word of advice for all of the younger (under 60) members; get and stay in shape now, because time does take a toll. As I get older I find it is not as easy as it used to be to get back in shape. Old age takes away options, like running, due to the beating you have given the body in earlier years. I ran 10+ miles per day for awhile. Now the knees scream when I get out of bed.

Good luck and I hope you keep it up.

Congrats to Randy on getting it off and keeping it off. I know five folks who have gone the gastric bypass route and he is the only one who has successfully kept the weight off.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

For lunch just now I had a protein bar, and a banana with some fat-free peanut butter on it. My altered stomach is full.

You guys may think "shit that's not enough for me for lunch!" This gets back to my statement about "your mind talking for you." Yes it is enough for you for lunch. Your stomach wont feel full and may not be satisfied, but it's plenty of ammo to keep you going for the rest of the day until dinner. Will I have something between now and then? Sure, around 3-4pm I might have a spoonful of peanut butter or a handful of mixed nuts, or maybe a few grapes.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Randy I just came from the gym 3 hours cardio today. this morning I had a quart of water then , for breakfast I had the other half of the chicken breast sub from last night . now for lunch its a boiled egg & a banana.

I might have a handful of grapes or a small tangerine for a snack in between now & dinner .

I have Chicken ready to throw on my George Forman grill tonight for dinner which I will have a small salad with a vingerette dressing .

I drink enough water & green tea ( I buy the tea bags & boil my own ) to float a battleship

It all depends on your taste.

I like using Everglades, or Creole, or Natures Seasoning, or,.....

Baked, broiled, grilled, blackened,....

Cook up a batch and have it tonite, cut it up and throw into a salad,......

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I Take 2 family size green tea bags boil them & then make it like any other tea but I myself use a 1/4 to half a cup of Stevia To a gallon of tea (but that's my preference taste since I weaned myself from a lot of sweets)

If I go out to eat somewhere I get either water w/ lemon or unsweet tea & drink unsweet tea or God forbid use a pack or two of Splenda

In the tea .

far as my chicken I use mrs dash, Or Lemon Pepper or marinate it . but like Ed said it all depends on your taste preferences

Great chicken (pork, too....) rub boneless breasts or a boneless pork loin with some extra virgin olive oil- not much, just a bit. Then rub in a good amount of montreal chicken seasoning. Wrap in foil and bake at a low temp (325) for about 45 mins for the breasts or 1 hour+ (depending on your oven) for the pork loin.

I have tons of great recipes- what do you like????

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

It was tough on this Southern Country boy to give up a lot of Southern Style Comfort food esp the way my grandmas cooked & the way my aunts , sisters & cousins cook like her to this day . but I did it a little @ a time over the years . now if I eat any grease it don't take long to go sit on the throne . ;)

but on my splurge day (if I decide to take it a lot of the time I don't ) I will occasionally eat a fried green mater or 2 . Someone told me in the gym the other day about a baked style "fried" green mater recipe . im going to have to get it so I can try the alternative option .

Randy that sounds Good . I might try that one myself .

Nobody will hate you :)

Just try too keep the way you started to go.

If you're in gym it will work at a long time.

You better don't push your self too much in the beginning but keep it for a while.

Or for a lifetime :)

And the important thing - always try to be used to like what you do.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Best of luck, ECD. The before picture tells me you don't have far to go.

Here's a pic of me and the family 2010:

attachicon.gifdisney 2010 epcot.jpg

Here's a pic me this past Thursday AM:

attachicon.gifgym pic 1.15.2014.jpg

I've seen a few before & after pics of you and I'm still amazed at what you were able to accomplish. Congratulations.

Same to you Bulldog Man. Good job getting weight under control.

• Like 1

Jim

It's toning and healthy. I get really tired really easy. I am just a depressed person sometimes. I don't feel healthy. And fwd, you are an inspiration holy moly!!

I definitely salute you sir!! Wish I could have you as a workout buddy!

Your totally doing the right thing,a lot of truth in that old saying a healthy body = a healthy mind,good luck and you are a beautiful girl.

While higher calorie foods will add the weight, so will any food if you eat too much. If you read the Weight Watchers cook books the meals are not so low calorie as they are about portion control. Very few portions exceed 4 ounces and a lot are 3 ounces. You could eat four ounces of french fries daily and still lose weight if that was all you ate for a meal.

I know poached chicken breasts are low in calories, but they are also low in flavor, hence most folks feel deprived when their diet consists of meals like that. Try using some form of a marinade on the protein like a low calorie dressing. Dry the meat off before grilling or sautéing and a lot of the calories will disappear without removing the flavor.

Most of us add weight a little at a time, but want to take it off quickly. it doesn't work that way over the long haul. Working out until you are exhausted (or injured) or starving yourself just doesn't work for long. Set a goal of one pound a week; after all who wouldn't want to lose fifty pounds in a year?

Did you know that walking uses as many calories as running? It just takes longer to get the work out in.

As farmer52 said it is all about calories in versus calories expended. A slight decrease in consumption coupled with a slight increase in output will result in weight loss.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!