Article in Mack Bulldog about the Rifleman

I was at the Colfax, NC show in Nov of 2012 when I see an MH roll in. I go over to check it out and it is Steve. He had driven form WY. to NC to pickup his MH. I had exchanged a few messages on here with him and was flabbergasted that it was him. Steve, congrats on the article. Hope to see you in Springfield, MO.

• Like 1

Note in the forward of the Bulldog magazine that former Mack Trucks employee Kevin Flaherty is leaving Volvo's Mack unit.

Flaherty will be replaced by Stephen Roy, a Volvo man that has only been around truck parts since 2008, as Volvo Trucks senior vice president, parts sales and marketing (he's the guy that's been bringing you the those unbelievably high parts prices).

From 2002 thru 2007, Stephen Roy was a loan guy with Volvo Commercial Finance. That's it. And Volvo feels these modest credentials are adequate for heading their Mack brand unit??? Well, that pretty much says it all.

I was surprised to see the article on the Mack Value Liner! I had called Don at the museum in my quest to get some records I needed to satisfy customs. I had sent him that picture and he used it for the spot. I wish that the former owner Glen Menzie could have been mentioned as he bought it new and after 3.5 million KM the truck is damn near new.

Great read about Steve as I have enjoyed following his posts and the pictures of his time with UPS. I remember seeing the truck in Yakima but never caught up with him.

Steve, do you know the Osborne boys from Riverton? They had a few nice rigs at the Yakima show and I had a great conversation with the one. did not write his name or number down??

post-198-0-85308200-1388334963_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great article Congats Rifleman!! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Note in the forward of the Bulldog magazine that former Mack Trucks employee Kevin Flaherty is leaving Volvo's Mack unit.

Flaherty will be replaced by Stephen Roy, a Volvo man that has only been around truck parts since 2008, as Volvo Trucks senior vice president, parts sales and marketing (he's the guy that's been bringing you the those unbelievably high parts prices).

From 2002 thru 2007, Stephen Roy was a loan guy with Volvo Commercial Finance. That's it. And Volvo feels these modest credentials are adequate for heading their Mack brand unit??? Well, that pretty much says it all.

You could have started another thread with this info and not mentioned it here. You "muddied up" Steve's time in the "spot light". Also, I think most of us are "smart" enough to read and reason. We are not a bunch of "dumb" truck drivers/enthusiasts. I will stop there.....

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"