Welcome to the family!

tkobes43

My buddies last truck:
binder1.jpg

Very similar to yours, but no air ride and a bit more wore out. Always liked it though as I had built a model of one many, many years before knowing him.

Just before selling it off, we got it all washed up and took it out for cruise night. Back in the late 80's, early 90's we had about 12 miles of 5 lane that was packed all weekend. Had lots of fun out there with the hot rods. After cruising we took it to the local hot spot(bar) for some pool and fooseball. Wow..was that a longgg time ago.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Larry,

Did your buddy ever have any problem getting the cab warm in the winter? The one I learned on was only 7 years old at the time,and we could not get that thing to heat/defrost for nothin'........BRRRRRR!!!! We blamed it on the 318 Detroit not having enough water runnin' through it to heat up. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I know he had all the vents taped over. He has thin blood and cold all the time now so I imagine 20 yrs ago he was the same. I met him about a year before getting out of trucking. Don't recall him complaining about it but likely was just used to it.

If it is like my B model...it is drafty and you either freeze or the heater burns you up. No middle ground at all.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Congrats on the truck Tom! looks like a nice one! I've always liked that "Eagle" paint job. What kind of shape is the interior in? Make sure you post some more pictures when it gets to Jersey!...............................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

How long before you sell it because you can't insure it?

Uhm okay.... Before you start being a dick let me explain myself. Not that i really have to but just for fun. The reason why i couldnt afford insurance for the first truck is because how new the truck was and my age.. With a truck thats over 30 years old insurance is much much cheaper... But the Insurance is already covered and already have the down payment set. Thanks for asking.

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Congrats Tom. I love it. I have a 1973 4070A with a 400 big cam and a double overdrive 13 speed. It is a lot of fun to drive. I bob-tailed it to the ATHS show in Indiana a couple years ago. Unfortunately it is on springs. Still rode pretty good though. My father drove transtars when I was a kid so they have a special place in my heart. As for being cold he turned the vent scoops around so they would not blow snow in on his feet. I only drive mine in the summer so I don't have that problem. Mike

Thanks Mike!!!! I cant wait to get her home. Shes been off the road for 5-6 years, Driven and started every once and awhile. Drives and shifts great. its going to be a work in progress for awhile until i can go over everything. Cant wait till shes on the road!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"