Thought I would post these pictures.

The dam break was in Alton, NH, March 13, 1996. A two year old earthen dam gave way dumping the contents of Meadow Pond onto the unsuspecting citizens below. Unfortunately, one woman was swept

away and died; her body was located several days later. She was trying to flee in her pickup while her husband attempted to move his tractor-trailer. Both were caught in the flood but the husband was rescued.

That's his TT unit in the photo. Ironically, their home was spared, it would have been a safe haven for them. Hindsight is always 20-20. A tragic accident.

bulldogboy

The dam break was in Alton, NH, March 13, 1996. An two year old earthen dam gave way dumping the contents of Meadow Pond onto the unsuspecting citizens below. Unfortunately, one woman was swept

away and died; her body was located several days later. She was trying to flee in her pickup while her husband attempted to move his tractor-trailer. Both were caught in the flood but the husband was rescued.

That's his TT unit in the photo. Ironically, their home was spared, it would have been a safe haven for them. Hindsight is always 20-20. A tragic accident.

bulldogboy

Dow thats sad. What was the truck that went down? Kinda looks like a Mack.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

That's what went down Bulldogboy. I remember looking at all of that shortly after the event. The ground floor of the houses were gone but the houses stood just the same. I didn't think they had found the woman's body but I guess they did. The dam was poorly made and not maintained. It was on private property and I'm not sure how the laws all work, but it was a shame as it was all preventable. It never should have happened. That was 18 years ago? Time flies when you're having fun.

The dam break was in Alton, NH, March 13, 1996. An two year old earthen dam gave way dumping the contents of Meadow Pond onto the unsuspecting citizens below. Unfortunately, one woman was swept

bulldogboy

Sounds terrible, thanks for the rest of the story. I figured some east coast guys would remember that.

That r model is sweet, I wonder if it is still around, that had a lot of goodies on it!

I was thinking the same thing. Duel stacks, alum everything, spotlight, fog lights. That thing was decked out for an R. I think thats why

I liked the picture so much was because of the R.

• Like 1

The truck pulling the trailer was an R model in that photo. Yes the state came around many years ago and told private Dam owners that they were not safe and then the state made it damn near impossible to fix/rebuild them. So most folks just blew them up or let go to pot.

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

Yeah that R would have been a sweet ride, definitely high dollar with all those options. Hell I think its the first R I've ever seen with moto mirrors.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"