No its not us......

2stacksuperdog

Saw this on the new tonight. Not not nothing but i dont see any snow in the forecast and the state has the NEW Q-bridge covered in their "magic" mix. Then they wonder why they rot out and say its not their fault. Last year the CT Trucking Assoc. went to DOT and they said not their fault. It would be one thing if only the new trucks were rotting but the old ones are rotting faster with this stuff. Then they complain about the rivers and stream getting polluted but they spray chemicals allover that runs everyone and its not their fault. They're all idiots. http://www.wfsb.com/story/23874231/mechanics-blame-winter-road-treatment-for-damage-to-cars

• Like 1

Matt

I agree, the theory is to put beet juice (or similar substance) in the solution so it sticks to the road surface but we all know it sticks to anything. Heard reports that it is one of the major causes of bridge support rusting. The company I retired from developed a "non-corrosive" ingredient but was "too expensive". At least that is what we were told by OhDOT and other agencies. We "field tested" it with OhDOT and a fleet in Wisconsin. I saw evidence of engine oil pans "rusting" and leaking oil. Maintenance personnel have their hands full when it comes to rusty vehicles.

Most idiots drivers want to go 60mph or faster even during snowy conditions and they want "bare" pavement.

On Monday I see OhDOT put their "magic juice" (brine and beet juice) on all the bridges and overpasses. You know when you see white stripes. As least it was dry. I have been "caught" behind their "juice wagon" and the crap is like a sticky goo all over your vehicle.

BTW, I saw several Macks (Granites and RDs) on the PA Greenstamp with plows installed. They must be expecting an early snow.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Ugh, I hate those crap wagons when they dump that on the roads. I avoid it like the plague.

It's all "for the better". Ya, right. Since about 90% of the idiots on the road can't drive, they must get the road cleared so they can. I say screw it and make those morons stay home for the day so the rest of us can drive on the ice and snow.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Every car,light truck,and heavy truck that comes in to our shop looks like what's shown in the video.In the Pittsburgh area I can say I've been seeing vehilces that look like this my entire life. I just sent out a single axle International 4700 ex-municipal salt truck to my sandbalster this morning that looks worse than what was shown. The saving grace for the truck was the fact that it (the dump body) was all built out of 1/4" plate. I think its a combo of both the corrosives used and the different types of steels used on vehicles being built today. Everything is built as a throwaway; so that vehicle manufacturers have continual new sales every few years.

Its mostly the corrosives, there are plenty of old trucks and dump beds in TN that are barely showing rust and 20+ years old(I know, I have one).

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ugh, I hate those crap wagons when they dump that on the roads. I avoid it like the plague.

It's all "for the better". Ya, right. Since about 90% of the idiots on the road can't drive, they must get the road cleared so they can. I say screw it and make those morons stay home for the day so the rest of us can drive on the ice and snow.

Yep, but the morons are the ones who have to go somewhere- anywhere, just to show everybody that they can I guess. I was going north on 77 a few years ago (ok, time to say "oh no, not another one of his stupid stories!") between Ripley an Parkersburg. It was snowing hard and there was already several inches on the road, not a plow truck had been seen. I was motoring along nicely I thought, probably running about 50 mph, keeping up enough speed to get up the hills with no problem. But I was going too slow for the boy in the red Camaro behind me, so he passed and went on out of sight, until I saw him standing outside his car about a mile up the road. He had run off the road and nailed the guardrail nose first, and was just standing there looking. No, I did not stop, never even slowed down. I went on to the truckstop at Mineral Wells, waited a couple hours and went on my way, it had stopped snowing and everything was fine by then.

And then there was the time I was headed east on rt.224, just west of Lodi,Ohio. I was empty, been running in snow and freezing rain since I left Fremont. I watched 3 cars in a row come down a hill and spin out at the bottom. But each one watched the others do it before they started down, like they thought "they didn't make it,but i'm sure I can." One spun out in front of me on my side, and I eased between them and the guard rail and went on up the hill. And that's the scariest part, people panic and hit the brakes in front of you and start sliding, completely out of control. You need to stay off the brakes and off the throttle on an icy bridge, hold it straight, and keep enough forward momentum to get across if possible. Almost learned that the hard way, going up rt.23 in Ohio one night. Freezing rain again, and the bridges were slick. I crossed the river before you get to Upper Sandusky and had to accelerate a little to get across and the instant I did the back end slid over to the shoulder, fortunately at the same time I was off the bridge.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

All the morons that run cruise control in the winter. Duh! Hit the bridge and WHOOPS...........it accelerates and runs them into the ditch/wall/etc.

Sadly, if the paranoid idiots that go 10 mph on the roads because they are scared and the morons that run 75 in the snow because they think they are superman would stay home, the rest of us would go about their business without fuss.

I agree, the manufacturers are NOT going to make their vehicles "built to last". Then who is going to buy the new models? I oil spray the hell outta my '89 F150 and it is working. It only has a couple very small spots on the frame that surface rust has broke out in the back around the rear wheels. The rest is grimy from dirt/oil but no rust. Surely not EPA friendlly, but it works.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hey Tom, you sure are a real nice guy. That could have been one of us guys going to work and you were poking along causing a hazard. And you did not stop and try to help. Man I thought you were a real humanitarian. Likes dogs, horses Winfall etc. etc. I'll be watching for an old Ford Ranger in the Va area some night and i'll just drive on by.

mike

Hey Tom, you sure are a real nice guy. That could have been one of us guys going to work and you were poking along causing a hazard. And you did not stop and try to help. Man I thought you were a real humanitarian. Likes dogs, horses Winfall etc. etc. I'll be watching for an old Ford Ranger in the Va area some night and i'll just drive on by.

mike

Remember, Tom does not stop for anything...especially Winfall wimmin! Except maybe a free hot dog at the Truck Stop. :loldude:

Ken

Hey did somebody say something about free food?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Damn I'm too far away for that.

I oil spray the hell outta my '89 F150 and it is working. It only has a couple very small spots on the frame that surface rust has broke out in the back around the rear wheels. The rest is grimy from dirt/oil but no rust. Surely not EPA friendlly, but it works.

What do you spray it with???? I always wondered about putting a gallon of fuel in my pesticide pump sprayer and spraying the underside of my Silverado with a fine mist spray....but wondered if the fuel would be too corrosive????

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

What do you spray it with???? I always wondered about putting a gallon of fuel in my pesticide pump sprayer and spraying the underside of my Silverado with a fine mist spray....but wondered if the fuel would be too corrosive????

Diesel fuel will work but it will "wash off" quicker than oil. I hear many use ATF.

Ken

I have used with good results ATF or hydraulic oil because it doesn't attack rubber parts.

This year, I am trying Fluid Film. A couple of friends say it is the way to go so I am yielding to peer pressure and checking it out.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Once upon a time there were places in New England that would coat the undercarriage with used motor oil and than run it through a gravel pit to "dry" it and coat it with dust. Red neck Ziebart.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Great topic. We have the same problem in IL. I swear the county and state guys around here are just bored and like riding around

dumping this salt shit mix on every box culvert in a 100 mile radius. Its ridiculous, some of the bridges or culverts are no more than

a couple feet long at best. Even if black ice formed on them you would be across it before you had a chance to slide around. If they

want to save money they could stop having two guys in every truck riding around burning diesel dumping this shit all over every time

it drops below 35 degrees. And like it was stated above, these jackass people in their cars need to slow the F--K down!

For example it rained here today. Theres a possibility of it freezing tonight. They put the magic mix down before the rain.....rain washes it away and now they put rock salt down if ice does form....wouldn't it have been easier and more cost effective to wait and see if it freezes and put down then instead of putting it down so it can get washed away....

Matt

For example it rained here today. Theres a possibility of it freezing tonight. They put the magic mix down before the rain.....rain washes it away and now they put rock salt down if ice does form....wouldn't it have been easier and more cost effective to wait and see if it freezes and put down then instead of putting it down so it can get washed away....

A few weeks ago when I went to New Jersey they had brined 295 and it was 50-some degrees.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.