Does anyone know this Mack?

I'm a recent new member, and decided to use a pic I had stored on my computer as my avatar. This truck came up for sale, perhaps in New Jersey, a few years back. I liked it and saved a pic, but then it occurred to me that the truck may belong to someone on this forum. If so, I'll delete it as an avatar and put up another pic of a dog, probably my beagle. Does anyone know this '74 RS?

Here's a vid, too:

post-16334-0-74019500-1383249475_thumb.j

Edited by Jeff M

That isn't the truck that was for sale last year at Gearharts was it. if it is it has a 8V71 (318) 13 speed roadranger , I think he was asking $ 12,0000. for it. nice looking truck.

That truck has a tip turbine engine and a two stick six speed. They posted a bunch of photos of it at the time and I wish I'd saved them all. It was a looker.

Nice looking rig. I haven't seen it in NJ but then again, I haven't seen every truck out there. Where in Maine are you?

Raymond, about twenty miles north of Portland.

Edited by Jeff M

This is the truck with the 8V engine that was for sale at Gerhart's in 2012. I don't think it is the same truck (front bumper/lower hood, fuel tank , and other items are different).

OK Thanks Farmer I guess it was the one with the old style grille & bumper. both are sharp looking tractors but the red one is the nicest.

OK, now I'm really confused. I have pics of it when it was owned by Peter Coletta in NJ and it says it's a '73.

The Hetrick/Misterka pics I have from Macungie and Gerhart's says it's a '72.

The OP says it's a '74.

Beautiful truck none the less.

post-13134-0-16406100-1383500726_thumb.j

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Well, this is very interesting. Western R models are my favorite Macks--or trucks, for that matter--and when that one showed up I really liked it and saved the pic. Last year a buddy of mine went to a show in Massachusetts and snagged a pic of it in its new colors, which I also liked. I had no idea they were the same truck. I need to do further research and try to find out who owns it and when and where it will be shown so I can actually see it. Thanks to all who've provided info on this thread.

Raymond, ME Fire Department used to have a 1963 Mack "B-85" pumper with a coupe cab. Not sure if they still have it.

bulldogboy

Nope, sold it some years ago. Someone removed the fire body and put a tilt flatbed on it. I still see it around occasionally. I always liked it--there's something about a B with the chrome grille surround.

• 2 weeks later...

Great pics, thanks for posting. When it was originally for sale the seller had a lot of pics including the interior, which looked as good as the exterior. Wish I'd saved 'em all. It appears it belonged to a company known as Creative Paving. I've found their website with a few nice Mack pics, including the truck I've mentioned here: http://www.creativepavingnj.com/creative-paving-photos.htm

Given that the truck belonged to a company that appears to be still in existence, I guess I'll change my avatar. :(

Edited by Jeff M