Snow Removal stuff

BKrois

J Hancock: Ain't nothing better than a diesel burning SNOW SHOVEL!!!!!!!!

is that one a hydro ?

No, it is a 1533 (33 HP) with SynchroShuttle so there is a clutch, shuttle lever, high and low range with 4 speeds. 8 forward and 8 reverse in total.

The blade is a reconfigured 7 ft. Meyers on a Bobcat quick attach plate.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

My snow cleaner upper before going back into the barn on Jan 27, 2015.

JH-my "green" version-also 7'- junk yard Fisher. When guys buy a new pick up usually their old ones it seems get "cycled down". I think this is third one I've had. Usually swap the old one for an upgrade for a few bucks! I think though an 8 footer might be next. What do you have for weight? I have loaded 17R-24's plus the concrete block I made is around 550.

post-1625-0-88891300-1422470526_thumb.jp

post-1625-0-04963800-1422470550_thumb.jp

• Like 1

What do you have for weight? I have loaded 17R-24's plus the concrete block I made is around 550.

Good looking JD!

Yup, used plow came from someone's cast offs and then made the needed mounts to the plate. I am running 14.9-24 R4s loaded with Rimsaver. I don't use any extra weight or chains. I have a pretty good hill going down to the town road and am able to plow down working with gravity. Between the FWD and the diff lock, always seem to get where I want to go.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

On Friday, January 30, 2015, a fire swept through the Highway Department garage in Henniker, NH.

Five dump trucks/plows and a grader were destroyed, just before another major snowstorm hit the area. A couple

of pickups in the yard were spared. Henniker has been able to borrow a few trucks and a grader from

the state DOT and nearby towns. Hopkinton, NH Highway Department will also extend plowing services into

Henniker. While the fire is under investigation by the State Fire Marshal's office, it does not appear suspicious.

bulldogboy

• Like 1

On Friday, January 30, 2015, a fire swept through the Highway Department garage in Henniker, NH.

Five dump trucks/plows and a grader were destroyed, just before another major snowstorm hit the area. A couple

of pickups in the yard were spared. Henniker has been able to borrow a few trucks and a grader from

the state DOT and nearby towns. Hopkinton, NH Highway Department will also extend plowing services into

Henniker. While the fire is under investigation by the State Fire Marshal's office, it does not appear suspicious.

bulldogboy

The talk at our state shed is it was one of those wonderful new Emissions compliant trucks that started the fire

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

What the hells all that white stuff on the ground, did a nuclear power plant meltdown? Just rains here!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ha so if the train is running thru drifts like that what happened to "during inclement weather travel no faster than a speed at which you can stop in one half the range of vision", yeah thats and FRA rule!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Snow is nice, but as my wife calls it "Blood Money" pictures of past 2 nights moving snow from 7pm to 5 am at Intel in Hudson Ma. They Hired 10, ten- wheelers for 2 loaders and had a snow blower working.

Jack-

Do you know what type of snowblower it was? Looks like a Sicard Junior, tough to tell though. Good to see Fryer out hustlin, Matt is good people

Our state doesn't pay that much more for a wing plow. They have the double wings on their 10 wheelers anyways

So Matt, are a lot of towns in Conn going with 350-550's? The four newest trucks in my town are 350/450 dumps-including 2 crew cabs (so they can lug the summer hires around cutting grass.) With about 40" of snow in the last two weeks I see the weak point in these trucks- great for going down the middle of the road, but the roads get narrower and narrower and narrower. IMO, takes a big blade and weight to get the sides pushed back. Also I'm out with my Deere cleaning up end of drive as well as around mailboxes and one of the super duties goes by. He throws a little windrow but the surface of the road shows no change to speak of. Ten minutes later one of the International 4900's goes by with a big blade. You can see the difference in the packed snow cover.

No doubt the "One tons" are like half the price and do a good job cleaning up intersections etc but the repeat storms we have had IMO show their limitations.

So Matt, are a lot of towns in Conn going with 350-550's? The four newest trucks in my town are 350/450 dumps-including 2 crew cabs (so they can lug the summer hires around cutting grass.) With about 40" of snow in the last two weeks I see the weak point in these trucks- great for going down the middle of the road, but the roads get narrower and narrower and narrower. IMO, takes a big blade and weight to get the sides pushed back. Also I'm out with my Deere cleaning up end of drive as well as around mailboxes and one of the super duties goes by. He throws a little windrow but the surface of the road shows no change to speak of. Ten minutes later one of the International 4900's goes by with a big blade. You can see the difference in the packed snow cover.

No doubt the "One tons" are like half the price and do a good job cleaning up intersections etc but the repeat storms we have had IMO show their limitations.

For the most part Bob everyone is still running big trucks. During the last few storms i noticed our town for one has had contractors working with super dutys which do an ok job. One good thing i have to say about them is that when we had the blizzard of 2013 the town had super dutys with v-blades that opened the roads up no problem and then they'd push it back with the Macks. But for the most part everyone is sticking with class 8 trucks. A few towns have gotten the 650s and equivalent. Dont know how good of a job they do though. I guess theres pros and cons to both. A superduty is much cheaper to operate id imagine with a non-CDL driver and a automatic (as long as it has a cooler) so you dont need as qualified of a person.

As for 4 door trucks, the state has a bunch of internationals that are 4 door.

• Like 1

Matt