saved yet another one..

thanks Al. interesting wrecker body also. seems to have a miniaturized body like the one on our B61 that came from Bartnicks Garage in Utica. think the same guy must have made both of them.

Hmmmm? I went to Denver Auto & Diesel College with a John Bartnick.......only he was from Long Island.Prolly no relation. Anyway back to the truck,hydraulic or air brakes?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

juice brakes, someone did a lot of work to it, new hydrovac and lines and looks like wheel cylinders but it has one back wheel hung up. was a bitch to get off the trailer. pedal goes to the floor so I assume it leaks.i guess an older man owned it and he passed away and you guessed it, wife liquidated his collection...

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

nope, I can get a few Jt. it has a swinging towbar on it but something is missing recently? not sure what was bolted on there but someone lifted it, no pun intentended. ill get pics today. definitely homemade wrecker body. ours on our B61 is similar and was ''rolled out'' by Utica Boilers in Utica Ny and welded together by Bartnicks garage in Utica. this truck has a very similar body and has me wondering

came from Prospect Ny Vinny but was at Dan hudons sled barn for sale. was at Stockhausers garage In prospect. think he might have had two tow trucks and one was in wheels of time or double clutch a few years ago for big money. he also ran a few dumptrucks I think. I believe the old man died and the wife sold everything off, go figure.....

came from Prospect Ny Vinny but was at Dan hudons sled barn for sale. was at Stockhausers garage In prospect. think he might have had two tow trucks and one was in wheels of time or double clutch a few years ago for big money. he also ran a few dumptrucks I think. I believe the old man died and the wife sold everything off, go figure.....

Had a white and green B model tow truck too right? Going towards Hinkley. Now I remember. Seen both trucks side by side at the place there once. I go to Hudons every so often. Stepdad works on sleds and gets parts there sometimes.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

thanks guys. got a few pictures of the way home also, up a few nasty hills and back down. had to drop her into 3rd low a time or two and make it bark. he got the wheel freed up today and in the garage. gotte pull the head off to fix the sticky valves then maybe she will run again.

Does Bartnick's have anything interesting hidden in their garage or back yard?

When I have gone by, I can see some modern stuff through the garage door but I have never pulled in. I might need a shot if I stop too close to Utica General.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Bartnick had an old Indiana tow truck they just donated to a museum I think in iowa or tenessee? they also had the B model back in the day that w have. then they had two R models and got rid of those and had a Pete or two. they are downsizing and slowly closing the doors. guess they have been in business long enough and theres too much competition up that way. when we bought their old B42/61 from another guy,we stopped there and asked if they wanted it back, the kids reply with,'' HELL NO, we rode enough in that cold SOB with no heat.'' I don't know who ended up with their R models but they were really rotted from all the years of NY salt. they have tons of pictures , some gorey ones also as any tow company does of wrecks. even a few of our old B42/61 that shows it entering Indiana towin a truck so they must have done long distance hauling back in the day also. have not been there in years, not sure what they have left.