New to Mack

Axel

I am new to the Mack truck but just picked up a 1948 Mack EF. I been looking online and I see parts are next to impossible to find. Anybody got any info of part suppliers? I am wanting to restore this truck so I will need a lil bit of everything.

welcome to BMT. contact the Mack museum with the serial number and they will send you a package of info (takes 4-8 weeks). be sure to send them a donation. this is the place to get parts info.

p.s. be forewarned....post pics of your EF.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Welcome.

There are some NOS parts available, some new parts and you will probably end up refurbishing some of your parts and finding some used. Just need to see what can be fixed, bearings and stuff like that can be part cross reference, when it comes to rubber and moldings I was able to get all my window channel, clips and sweeps, molding from aftermarket Chevy place (when I told one of the parts guys what I was working on he was surprised, than one of the others said back in the day there were only a couple places that made that stuff, not like today) also check a good hardware store/napa/carquest, they usually have all the little rubber bumpers and stuff

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Welcome aboard! truck looks in great shape! that's a nice find,the grille trim/emblems are all there,bumper looks pretty decent,thats a lot of the battle with these smaller Macks!..........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.