Brockway "Toughest Truck In The World"

bullhusk

I always thought it would be cool to put a 360 or 361 together with a Mack powertrain (at least engine/trans) & put one of each dogs up on that grille shell? :idunno: I don't know, sacrilegious Ernie or GG2 ?

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I always thought it would be cool to put a 360 or 361 together with a Mack powertrain (at least engine/trans) & put one of each dogs up on that grille shell? :idunno: I don't know, sacrilegious Ernie or GG2 ?

Be careful if you take your Mackway to the show in Cortland, NY.

It would be along the lines of putting a Volvo in place of a 237 R685.

Granted that is what is happening with the really modern stuff.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Al,

I've posted this somewhere before but don't know where?

We had three 400 series Brockways with 237 Maxidynes in them.

One had letters on the front of it between the tails of the horseshoe that spelled out "Huskidyne"

Ron

• Like 2

Al,

I've posted this somewhere before but don't know where?

We had three 400 series Brockways with 237 Maxidynes in them.

One had letters on the front of it between the tails of the horseshoe that spelled out "Huskidyne"

Ron

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/29832-old-ralph-g-smith-photos/page-2?hl=huskydyne#entry162823

Here is the link. Could have called them Smith-dynes or Smith-ways.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I like your version of the story better!

Mark, here is a larger version of my avatar. I poached it from the Brockway forums. The file name says "Early 527 on dyno", it's such a cool shot.

Hmnn-don't believe that truck ever reached production. Wasn't the 527 a low cab over? Competition for 6000 Whites, Mack MB's, Ford C models. I would call this thing in the dyn o picture a hi-tilt-looks more like a Mack G ??

Hmnn-don't believe that truck ever reached production. Wasn't the 527 a low cab over? Competition for 6000 Whites, Mack MB's, Ford C models. I would call this thing in the dyn o picture a hi-tilt-looks more like a Mack G ??

Yes, the 527 was a low cabover, I've never seen a truck like this one any where else, I've been searching the Brockway forums for the details but have yet to find them.

Thanks Jim & Ron for posting the info on the Smith "Huskydynes" ! LOL! I had read (then forgotten,go figure!) the story! Jim, I would imagine you couldn't park the mixed breed next to the true Huskies in Cortland! And rightly so,those Brocks deserve their day in the sun for sure!

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 3 months later...

I like your version of the story better!

Mark, here is a larger version of my avatar. I poached it from the Brockway forums. The file name says "Early 527 on dyno", it's such a cool shot.

Is this the same truck painted in a 1978 Brockway factory photo? Paul

78prototype07.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE