Looking for info on Mack Jr.

Jonas

We recently came up with this cute little truck. Near as I can tell its a '37 or '38 3/4 ton Mack jr. It has a 6 cylinder engine thats cracked and 16" wheels. It looks like a chrysler flathead engine or maybe a continental...

post-15289-0-69448700-1374668161_thumb.j

post-15289-0-61196500-1374668169_thumb.j

post-15289-0-25969600-1374668179_thumb.j

post-15289-0-97949800-1374668188_thumb.j

• Like 2

Will any Continental flathead swap in (like one out of a generator or yarder etc...) or is it a Mack specific engine? We would just like to get it moving under its own power.

post-15289-0-10813300-1374669678_thumb.j

post-15289-0-15462200-1374669687_thumb.j

post-15289-0-00047300-1374669701_thumb.j

post-15289-0-71283100-1374669709_thumb.j

• Like 1

I believe most Continentals will work.

I have seen a couple of Continentals that powered forklifts that seemed a little different. Mostly to do with the acc. such as water pumps. manifolds, etc. But those could be swapped around from the motor in the truck.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Nice truck, as you can tell Jim and I are rather fond of the "Little Macks"

Good luck with it.

Looks very similar to the motor in an "ED"

They were basically the same as an F209 Continental except as Jim said there were many variations for water pump and timing gear cover for different applications.

Ron

Very rare truck and quite expensive if it is restored. The trucks were made by REO for Mack, so I would do some research into REO's to find out what engine will work.

Want to sell it by any chance?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

it's amazing that the emblems hadn't been robbed off the hood and the hubcaps are still on it. They used a smaller version of the Mack bulldog a a hood ornament,with Mack Jr. on the collar.These are really hard to find and I've seen them go from $350 to $500 on Ebay. The same size dog was also used on Mack ashtrays and also fender poles and they turn up on Ebay a lot ,not near as high priced,but they don't have Jr. on the collar.I used to have a couple of the Mack Jr. dogs somewhere in my collection of goodies.

It belongs to my Father actually. We collect old Power Wagons and he found the Mack up in Colville, WA while chasing down a lead on another truck. I'm the one who will be doing the mechanical work on it. That said, I'm pretty sure he would consider selling it for a fair price. What do you figure the value is in its present condition?

I think the value could be quite high as the value of these trucks is what someone is willing to pay for it and being desirable to some with deep pockets who really want to cross Mack Jr off their list may bring a fair price. I have property over by the Colville area and every time I make the drive over there I see old trucks sitting in the woods and weeds still haven't found any old Macks yet.

• 3 years later...
4 hours ago, Teradacto said:

I found a 37' Mack Jr Panel....guess it's super rare?? Found it  in Southern  BC..its pretty rusty...but I'm  an  alum/steel fabricator...Just picked it up last weekend.

Rare in MACK limber, a bit less rare in REO limber, Kind of like finding hens teeth in the KFC dinner.   Pal

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...