As I am restoring my 1964 Mack B87 tractor that has been in the family since new,I have notice something that you don't see a whole lot anymore.That is made iin the USA stamped on everything.I was painting the wheels and that where i really found this.Everything on this truck was made in the USA.Make me proud to be an American.Land of the free and home of the brave.Just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

just put in a drip system from home depot,,,was surprized to see the kit,,,and the poly line were both made in the united stated i couldnt believe what i was reading,,since everything thing is imported from china or tiawan,,,was very impressed...bob

Read an article the other day that was saying that items made in the USA are coming back. Evidently, the economy in China is starting to come to our level, so there is little benefit of China products

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Read an article the other day that was saying that items made in the USA are coming back. Evidently, the economy in China is starting to come to our level, so there is little benefit of China products

i heard thier all trying to go go union over there,,,guess its not rocket science selling a 500 dollar note book and putting it together for 89 cents,,these chineses are figuring it out ,,,hey wait were makin apple rich,,and supplying the entire united states in electronics,,,wheres our slice of the pie lol...bob

There is a couple things that are making the companies "re-shore" here in the states. From what I read it's mainly do to rising fuel cost, problems with logistics, supply chain bottlenecks, lead times,quality issues, and the rising labor rates in china. They claim with all the rising problems that it's cheaper or equal to produce back here in the states. I try to look on everything I buy on the country of origin and go with USA made stuff. It's sometimes hard but it is suprising on what is made here again. Ive found also the quality seems much better with domestic stuff or maybe I just had more luck with it. Anyways, "Be American, Buy American"

• Like 1

I made this comment in one of the Tea Party threads that there seems to be a growing trend that people want American made better quality and will pay a little extra for it. China is changing and India. They are making more money and are demanding more things so it won't be cost effective to farm out overseas. They are having growing pains.

Cheers. Rob

agree, id much rather pay a little more for something made here and something I don't have to replace cause it quit workin or broke 6 months down the road. I constantly look at everything I buy to see where its made and will pay a little more for a made in the usa logo. one of the reason I rarely go to Walmart , I hate just about everything in there cause besides the food its all china junk. also try not to buy anything from Lowes except lumber because its mostly china junk, not suprising since Lowes and Walmart are connected. I absolutely hate going into Walmart at holiday time and seein box after box of holiday stuff all imported from China.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

agree, id much rather pay a little more for something made here and something I don't have to replace cause it quit workin or broke 6 months down the road. I constantly look at everything I buy to see where its made and will pay a little more for a made in the usa logo. one of the reason I rarely go to Walmart , I hate just about everything in there cause besides the food its all china junk. also try not to buy anything from Lowes except lumber because its mostly china junk, not suprising since Lowes and Walmart are connected. I absolutely hate going into Walmart at holiday time and seein box after box of oliday stuff all imported from China.

theres a toys R US warehouse i pass quite a bit out here,,,and all you see is china cans backed up to dock,,,pretty sick man...bob

my edger took a shit,,,went to home depot to replace it,,mine was electric,,decided to go gas this time,,,although thier awfully heavy,,,anyway 4 brands available all made in china..WTF,,,nice to have choices lol...i hate like hell to pay 150 bucks for china tools think ill hold off and try lowes saturday...bob

agree, id much rather pay a little more for something made here and something I don't have to replace cause it quit workin or broke 6 months down the road. I constantly look at everything I buy to see where its made and will pay a little more for a made in the usa logo. one of the reason I rarely go to Walmart , I hate just about everything in there cause besides the food its all china junk. also try not to buy anything from Lowes except lumber because its mostly china junk, not suprising since Lowes and Walmart are connected. I absolutely hate going into Walmart at holiday time and seein box after box of holiday stuff all imported from China.

I go to the local hardware store and 84 Lumber or Riverhead Building supply, I've found the prices are most times equal to or slightly better than the big box stores and the quality of the lumber is slightly better. I also like to deal with someone who is in it for the long run and knows the products, not a kid flipping burgers one day and selling hardware the next day. we are big fans of supporting Main Street USA instead of the Big Box China stores. Just my opinion. . . Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

my edger took a shit,,,went to home depot to replace it,,mine was electric,,decided to go gas this time,,,although thier awfully heavy,,,anyway 4 brands available all made in china..WTF,,,nice to have choices lol...i hate like hell to pay 150 bucks for china tools think ill hold off and try lowes saturday...bob

Look for a Stihl unit. Buy a Kombi power head. Then you can add attachments. They say "made in USA". I sure hope so since that is what I own.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Just have to be sure it says USA!! Not just US?

Being in the plastic industry, I know I've heard plenty of business starting to boom due to bring manufacturing back to the USA. Our business is growing leaps being in the repair business. Everyone wants to rebuild their stuff to get it back up to snuff.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Just have to be sure it says USA!! Not just US?

Being in the plastic industry, I know I've heard plenty of business starting to boom due to bring manufacturing back to the USA. Our business is growing leaps being in the repair business. Everyone wants to rebuild their stuff to get it back up to snuff.

You have to look for the periods between U.S.A. the Japanese town is called USA. I have a few pressed steel toys from there.

Google map USA JAPAN to see it.

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Lowes is pretty much all China junk to and a lot of their lumber is imported. makes me sick to look at a piece of ''pine'' molding that they want top dollar for thats made in indionesia. most if not all of their hardward, nuts and bolts is all China junk to. cant tell you how many time ive had a stainless nut and bolt, not locknut, tightened it up and took it apart a few months later and it would not loosen up and snapped the bolt right off.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg