Weekend motorcycle fun ride

JTFormula

The past 4 days I have been on two wheels. With the crazy weather, it seemed like I was never going to get the motorcycle out of the shed and ride. Thursday I finally got the chance and was riding for the rest of the week back and forth to work. Sunday the wife and I went to breakfast then rode down by the beach. She hasn't seen the destruction yet from the hurricane so I wanted to show her all the houses sideways, missing, etc. We went all the way down the island to Island Beach State Park, turned around and cruised by the boardwalk in Seaside (for those of you who done know, that's where the rollercoaster was sitting in the ocean in all the pictures and news reports) and then cruised back home when the clouds were starting to roll in. What a beautiful day it was. Got a bit sunburn so I have to remember to use suntan lotion next time. It was one of those rare days I got to relax.

Then when we got home, I washed down the patio and the patio furniture, set up the outside table and lounges then the storms rolled in. Good time to stop so I went inside, made a couple chili dogs, reclined in my man chair and that was it.

What did you guys do over the weekend?

post-11944-0-54868700-1370266413_thumb.j

post-11944-0-26111500-1370266412_thumb.j

• Like 1

Cool bike. Honda VTX, right? 1800? I have a Kawasaki Mean Streak which is similar. They are an awful lot of fun, plenty of power, and don't come with the HD price tag. (not that I am an HD hater)

This weekend? We had a community yard sale so I sold off a bunch of junk. Then went to the Indianapolis Zoo with the family on Sunday.

Drew

post-12015-0-93070700-1370268871_thumb.j

post-12015-0-67842500-1370268877_thumb.j

• Like 1

Sweated off 10 pounds and slept in a kiddie pool out side our motor home at the Summer Nationals at E town. It was a blast!!

post-3242-0-65217000-1370275948_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

barbeque,yard work,and relax...just started hiding my Harley to work myself,its allot more fun riding to the prison walls on the bike,,weather here sucks in the winter,,but is usuall absolutely beautiful all summer,,,like your bike,,,its all 2 wheel fun,,don't matter what brand,,,i took a spin on my stepdaughters vespa scooter couple years ago,,,and was having such a ball,,i didn't wanna give it back,,had lotsa power,,wasn't like the older slugs at all....lol.bob

Hard Krom pipes? Had a set very similar on my 1100 Shadow, before I sold up to my '07 Softail Custom. I like my Hondas, but hated the "sound". Even with pipes, they sound horrible. Got to love that HD rumble. I still have stock pipes, but gutted mufflers. Nice deep roar, not crackly noise like my Honda was. Got mine used off craigslist, so didn't get raped. Can't get me off it, that is until my back gets to hurting too much LOL!

Saturday was spent in the garage, had a buddy's '87 Mustang over for some welding. Race car stuff. Went out to dinner Sat. night.

Sunday I waited to see the rain was not coming, I then spent the morning installing a roof air unit on my race trailer. Should make it more bearable in hot or cold weather(it has heat grid in it also). Got the bike out for a short ride, came back home and washed up the hot rod and took g/f to DQ for ice cream. Our local Ford club meets there twice a month.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Speaking of mo-cycles. I am very close to putting my 1984 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk up for sale. I bought it from the original owner last year. It has less than 2600 miles. It seems I have no time to enjoy the bike since I am busy with the house in OH, the farmstead in PA, and looking after my mother (even tho she is in the Nursing Home). I replaced the original tires last fall, rebuilt the front calipers, and changed the engine and differential fluids. I still need to bleed the brakes and change the clutch master cylinder fluid. If anyone is interested in a pristine bike, send me a note.

post-3289-0-45503700-1370280835_thumb.jp

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Hard Krom pipes? Had a set very similar on my 1100 Shadow, before I sold up to my '07 Softail Custom. I like my Hondas, but hated the "sound". Even with pipes, they sound horrible. Got to love that HD rumble. I still have stock pipes, but gutted mufflers. Nice deep roar, not crackly noise like my Honda was. Got mine used off craigslist, so didn't get raped. Can't get me off it, that is until my back gets to hurting too much LOL!

Saturday was spent in the garage, had a buddy's '87 Mustang over for some welding. Race car stuff. Went out to dinner Sat. night.

Sunday I waited to see the rain was not coming, I then spent the morning installing a roof air unit on my race trailer. Should make it more bearable in hot or cold weather(it has heat grid in it also). Got the bike out for a short ride, came back home and washed up the hot rod and took g/f to DQ for ice cream. Our local Ford club meets there twice a month.

wow fords and dairy queen,,,excellant combo...lol.bob

Speaking of mo-cycles. I am very close to putting my 1984 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk up for sale. I bought it from the original owner last year. It has less than 2600 miles. It seems I have no time to enjoy the bike since I am busy with the house in OH, the farmstead in PA, and looking after my mother (even tho she is in the Nursing Home). I replaced the original tires last fall, rebuilt the front calipers, and changed the engine and differential fluids. I still need to bleed the brakes and change the clutch master cylinder fluid. If anyone is interested in a pristine bike, send me a note.

shouldn't have any trouble unloading it,,,that thing looks cherry...bob

Nice bikes and the ride stories.

I took my one on the road some times in May, there was beautiful weather for a couple of weeks.

Ended up with weared out fromt brake shoe. Feeled minor pulsation on the lever so had to back home slowly using rear brakes only.

It was a trip to get my passport with a Visa though.

Weekend?

Most of the holiday I spent for different needs to get ready for my trip.

Going to start tomorrow.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Dang Ken, that reminds me of the '86 700 Shadow I bought from a fellow about 6 yr ago. It had 10k miles? Black with gold eagle on the tank. It was spotless and completely unmolested. I paid $1300 for it.

Larry

I was down at Dover Delaware all weekend for the NASCAR race. Had a great time. Been going every spring for 17 years with the exception of last spring as I was too sick . Just hot home and got the camper cleaned up . Off again tomorrow then off to Murray Kentucky on Wednesday .

Nice, lots of riding going on here! My X is a 1300, not and 1800. I originally looked at the 1800F. Great bike but felt large. I specifically looked for a 2006 1300c for about 5 months before I bought this one. 2006 was the only year gray was offered and only on the 1300. Bought the bike used with 1200 miles from a poorly run Dodge dealer in Philly. I wanted low miles and no modifications. I knew what I wanted to do and didnt want someone elses poorly thought out ride. Upgraded with a Mustang seat, sissy bar so the wife doesn't fall off, bar risers, & Hard Krome Strippers. I have a Kuryakyn hypercharger and zombie levers still to install. Not pictured are my saddlebags which will be going back on.

Freight train I have to say the HK are the best sounding metric pipe. Closest to a HD sound you can get without buying a Hog. I've had three Sportsters 1976, 1986, 1997. (1000, 883 converted to 1200cc, and 1200). Great sounding bikes and nothing better than that Harley sound but the Honda a better bike IMO. I have always liked the Night Train. That is one sweet ride that one day I will own.

I also have a 1981 Cb900c and a 1989 Katana 750 with 1,300 original miles.

This weekend???? Took the seats out of my B20 and dumbed out about 10 lbs. of mouse crap, rat crap, a squirrel nest, and squirrel crap. I unbolted the drivers-side seat frame and as I started pulling it out one of the feet dropped right through the rusted floor. Looks light some serious sheet metal fabrication and welding ahead to repair that floor. (I must be crazy to try to bring this thing back from the dead.) Labor of love I guess...

Sounds like you guys with motorcycles had more fun!

Replacing the floor in a B isn't too hard. I did mine about 12 yrs ago. It was only bad in the front corners(from leaking windshield), but I cut it all out and started fresh.

nofloor_zpsab604271.jpg

newfloor4_zps6377ae38.jpg

JT, I agree, I liked mine, but I bought those little insert to knock the rap out of it. Made it a bit better anyway. I like the looks of them the best. Clean, straight.

• Like 1

Larry

My neighbor last year went to Sturgis, then Washington state, down the Left coast and back up around the lower 1/2 and back> Like 10K+ miles. My back hurt just listening to the stories LOL!!! I wanna ride farther(then an hour at a time), but my bones just don't allow it. 2007 Softail Custom.

2007harley.jpg

• Like 1

Larry

I haven't been out of NJ on mine. Been trying to get some rides going with people but can't seem to get everyone together. My buddy went to the Dragon last year. Wanted me to come but it was a spur of the moment thing. He was on vacation and his son just lost his job so the two of them said lets go then called me. I wasn't able to take a week off of work with two days notice. If I don't get the General going, I'll prob ride up on Friday on the bike then maybe the pickup on Saturday to Macungie.