Tractor of the Month

Coheno had a few trucks at the Springfield show all fresh restored. they were sweet. was a B model and a few R models to. he just finished them days before the show and i talked to the kid. HE MADE HIS OWN VENT WINDOWS for the B model out of stainless in his shop. told him he should go in business. he bent the channel right around and formed the window frame then made the glass run channel for the side glass and put it all together with new rubbers. im sure we would all buy a pair if he went into production.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

[

Vlad,this wasn't in Overdrive,,just a pic I found on the net,but I thought of you when I saw it.

attachicon.gif523447_585540278132315_581668760_n.jpg

Mike, I'm glad to know you think of me sometimes, hope it's not a nightmare.

Thank you, I have this one in my 'puter.

Any others would be too appreciated though.

I plan to change minor the colors but will keep general SGT apperiance when paint my R.

Want to too much though need to finish NR first. Or at least to make an amount of up.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Mark, my '70 KW was a Greenstein truck also!Cool pictures!.Where was this Ed Kimball from,do you know? There is a guy by the same name in Wisconsin that has a beautiful B-75 (L model cab).......Al

Al,my Dad ran a lot of produce for Greenstein,Ed was from the Tampa/ St.Pete area if i remember correctly,i remember my Dad saying when he was down that way he always had an open invitation to stop by. He (my Dad) knew damn near everybody that ran a truck between Jersey and Florida! There is an article about the Kimball family on Overdrive Retro,and looks like some of them migrated up to Wisconsin,so might be the same family?.....................................Mark

http://www.overdriveretro.com/a-produce-haulers-legacy-hard-work-but-habit-forming/

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I'm pretty sure that Peters Brothers B-model is still around. Great pics BTW. I've must have spent a full day looking at those old articles on the Fotki site.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

question............ on the western R models shown some have the dip in the bumper for the radiator and then a few had the rectangle holes in the bumper instead. which came first? and did the lower part of the grill not tilt with the hood on the ones with the bumper cut out?

question............ on the western R models shown some have the dip in the bumper for the radiator and then a few had the rectangle holes in the bumper instead. which came first? and did the lower part of the grill not tilt with the hood on the ones with the bumper cut out?

The older ones both R Westerns and F Westerns had the "gullwing bumper".The lower part of the grill was hinged.