DOT Physical requirements.....................anyone done it yet?

Freightrain

Uh yeah DDS, Federal law requires all CDL holders to have a current Medical card. if anyone needs it 20-40 on the approved eye chart is F-E-L-O-P-Z-D. funny what you can remember when you dont want to I havent been able to get that out of my head for 3 years.

The older of my 2 little brothers used to wear some pretty thick glasses...anyway, in drivers ed they do all the tests and whatnot right there at the school. So he's standing in line listening to everybody ahead of him do the eye test...and they are all saying the exact same thing. So, he memorized what he heard everybody else saying and when it was his turn he took off his glasses, put his face up to the little eye chart machine doohicky, closed his eyes, and repeated what everybody else had been saying.

Needless to say, he didn't have any restrictions on his license until he turned 21 and had to go to the actual DMV to renew.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Had self certification done about two months ago. My license expired the 7th of march. I sent my paper work In before the first of march like it was stated to do and the state issued me a new license..wait for it....on march 4th with an expiration or march 7th. I recieved a brand spanking new card that was only good for three days! That very day I went and renewed the license anyways so now I'm good to go. Moral of the story more BS and more people in Harrisburg with their heads in the sand lol

My first prostate exam was done by a female doctor. I was 38 years old and I'm embarrased to say that I didn't know it was necessary to sneak up on the prostate from behind to examine it. The doctor appeared to be few years older than me so I didn't give it a second though. Then she explained about having to have a witnesss a called her receptionist in,a cute girl prolly in her mid-20's. Not one of my best moments.

Oh well. Glad you passed and they cut you some slack until your bp came down.

Jim

In illiniois is this test required to keep your cdl? i had one and it just expired and i was told you will just get a ticket if you dont have one. I have never even been asked to show it in the first place so i was wondering

This is a federal thing. By 2014 it has to be attached to your drivers license(you have to mail or drop it off to DMV). I've never been asked in the last 10+ yrs, but heaven forbid you don't have it when they do. But, that won't matter anymore as you have to send it in to keep your CDL.

Oh, it has to be from a "register" physician. Not just Joe BLow down the street. Thus the reason I went to CVS, it was simple. Walk in, no appt necessary.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I was wondering, should I give DMV my new med card now? Or wait til July when my license is up? Will DMV make me buy a new license for a couple months?? They don't know when my current card is up, and they only want it added by Jan 2014. Guess I shouldn't worry now.

Larry

they are no longer good for two years? I see some have post good for another year, I need mine before july

just found my answers on fmcsa web site

"A DOT physical exam is valid for up to 24 months. The medical examiner may also issue a medical examiner's certificate for less than 24 months when it is desirable to monitor a condition, such as high blood pressure."

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

As long as you are "normal", you get a 2 yr cert. If you have high BP then it goes down to 1 yr, 6 mo, 3 mo depending on your condition. Your license is good for 4 yrs, so every two years you have to send in your new med cert to DMV. They are giving everyone til Jan 2014(2 yrs after they decided to start this) to allow everyone to get through their 4 yr cycle of licenses. By Jan 20104 you MUST have a copy of your med cert to the DMV or you loose your CDL rights.

Larry

This is a federal thing. By 2014 it has to be attached to your drivers license(you have to mail or drop it off to DMV). I've never been asked in the last 10+ yrs, but heaven forbid you don't have it when they do. But, that won't matter anymore as you have to send it in to keep your CDL.

Oh, it has to be from a "register" physician. Not just Joe BLow down the street. Thus the reason I went to CVS, it was simple. Walk in, no appt necessary.

As far as the feds are concerned this only applies if you are an Interstate driver.

Guess I'm lucky and am still pretty fit for my age. No dead giveaways that I might have issues. I know a few people with Cpap machines, and they seem to like them and agree they sleep alot better.

Larry

• 3 months later...

Walked in this morning and presto----no one in line. Got it done. $104 complete with urine test(that's $25 of it). Man...super cute, young lil blonde nurse working. Would let her do another hernia check anytime she wants LOL!!!!! It's funny, she had to call in a "witness" for that test. Ok, so in comes another young girl from the pharmacy LOL!! The girl from the pharmacy was peeking(though they are only suppose to be standing, looking in the corner). I caught her and smiled at her. She turned around real quick LMAO!!!

Of course my BP was high(ya, would be with her around). Had to take it 3 times to get it down to "normal". Was 144 first time, then 152 second. One last try was 133(told her so). All in all, she was very professional. I thanked her and she thanked me.

Well, life is good. Back to square one. Ken, I suggest coming to N. Canton for your test :banana:

Stopped by the North Canton CVS this morning for my DOT physical. I was the first one in the door. The cute little blonde (Kimberly) no longer works there. However, there was a "reasonably" attractive female Nurse Practitioner (Leslie) on duty. Usual stuff and then she asked if I wanted a hernia check. I said "your call" (I didn't want to appear over anxious). She said it was advised. So I smiled and dropped my shorts. She took her time checking for a hernia and "checked out the boys". MOF, the "major" was starting to stand at attention just as she finished. She did not have anyone "witness" the check. I passed the physical with no problems. So I am good for another two (2) years. Leslie mentioned a "new girl" is starting in a few weeks. I may have to go back for a retest. $104 with urine test. Life is good!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Stopped by the North Canton CVS this morning for my DOT physical. I was the first one in the door. The cute little blonde (Kimberly) no longer works there. However, there was a "reasonably" attractive female Nurse Partitioner (Leslie) on duty. Usual stuff and then she asked if I wanted a hernia check. I said "your call" (I didn't want to appear over anxious). She said it was advised. So I smiled and dropped my shorts. She took her time checking for a hernia and "checked out the boys". MOF, the "major" was starting to stand at attention just as she finished. She did not have anyone "witness" the check. I passed the physical with no problems. So I am good for another two (2) years. Leslie mentioned a "new girl" is starting in a few weeks. I may have to go back for a retest. $104 with urine test. Life is good!

Are sure she wasn't checking you for ED..lol

Oh, when I got my license renewed a few weeks back, I took copies of all the crap with me. The girl went to make copies and I told her those were hers to keep. That got a smile(guess I did her job for her). Pretty painless overall and got my new fangle, multi colored license. Four more years til I have to do that again.

Larry

When this thread first came up, I checked my card. Good til July 17, 2013.

Been busy and stuff and realized I need to check again. Today was July22.

Got back early, showered and went to the Medi-Clinic place.

$95 with the urine test. BP-104/66. Was some older guy that had onions for lunch.

No poop chute check, no hernia check. Out in less than an hour

Now to visit DMV-no place to park a truck.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I don't know how it is everywhere else, but tennessee gives you a printout with your picture and info on it for 20 days until your new license comes in the mail. I figured that out monday when I made my class A...

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

• 3 weeks later...

Any one in nys get the confusing letter from dmv,from what I heard if you drive interstate you need the med certificate,intrastate no,you must self certify to one or the other and that determines whether or not you need it,just going by what a buddy told me,anybody got any first hand info..

If you've got a CDL, you're going to have to visit the DMV to fill out the form to certify your status...I haven't done it yet, but I think you'll have 3 or 4 options as to. whether you are interstate, intrastate, exempt, etc...and if you are required to have a medical card, they'll want a copy.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

If you've got a CDL, you're going to have to visit the DMV to fill out the form to certify your status...I haven't done it yet, but I think you'll have 3 or 4 options as to. whether you are interstate, intrastate, exempt, etc...and if you are required to have a medical card, they'll want a copy.

I saw some of the letter on line and it says do not go to dmv,everyone gets a special certification form in the mail and it is bar coded to the person being sent to,they give you 60 days to respond or they cancel you license.It must be costing all the states big bucks to comply with this,I wonder who is gonna pay for it after all said and done..lol