Polar water jug full of pennies!

JumperAndSon

After 17 years of marriage, I have finally filled a polar water jug clean to the top with pennies! Not that way either, get yer minds outta the gutter. I spend cash only,no debit or credit cards, and each morning, I put the silver in a container that gets robbed all of the time, and the pennies in the jug. Today I emptied my Suburban of change and the jug was full.

I can't hardly lift it, weighs over 100 pounds. I'll try the bathroom scale in the next couple of days.

Anyone know what it's worth? It's literally my life savings, lol! The bank lady said that I have to roll them to cash them in, any other ideas?

Tim

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I put all my pocket change in this coffee can when I come home. I just take it to the bank and tell them I want to deposit it when it gets full- I leave it and they count it with the machine. It's usually right around $300 in it when it's full.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

When I worked for Dominos pizza in a nother life. I had 4 1 gallon gatorade jugs. Would break all the denominations down. When the cup in my truck filled I would bring it in an put in the appropriate bottle. every 3 months or so the quater jug was full. Was around 7 or 800 dollars every 3 months. Oh I miss the days of pizza delivery. Some of the best money I ever made.

After 17 years of marriage, I have finally filled a polar water jug clean to the top with pennies!

Hey, you must have.....

Not that way either, get yer minds outta the gutter.

Oh, never mind then.

The Delmont Wal*Mart and Export Giant Eagle have Coinstar machines. They take 11 cents of every dollar for cash but there are other options where fees are not charged. Too bad you can't take them to the Winfall Savings Loan and Feed like Other Dog does. That's some personal service right there.

https://www.coinstar.com/freecoincounting.aspx

Jim

When I worked for Dominos pizza in a nother life. I had 4 1 gallon gatorade jugs. Would break all the denominations down. When the cup in my truck filled I would bring it in an put in the appropriate bottle. every 3 months or so the quater jug was full. Was around 7 or 800 dollars every 3 months. Oh I miss the days of pizza delivery. Some of the best money I ever made.

Confessions of a pizza delivery boy could make a good reality tv show.

I just took in over 800.00 in mixed change to my bank. They have a machine you just dump it in and it sorts and adds it. Doesn't take long. No charge if it's your bank, a fee if it isn't. Ever thought of selling by the pound to a scrap copper yard, I think you would get more.

Unfortunately they're not made out of copper anymore----copper plated zinc!!

Just like everything else---they don't make 'em like they used to!!

Ron

Confessions of a pizza delivery boy could make a good reality tv show.

at 18 how many places can you go making 500 a week in just tips. Not including the hourly and .50 delivery. was making great money. Also was an equipment operator during the day. put half down on my 98 dodge brand new in 2 years. Spent alot and did stuff but all in all I lived on tips alone not including the change. Was never broke. would have over 1000 in tips sitting on the dresser as I never claimed it and really couldn't put it in the bank. Then I went to driving a wrecker and that was the beginning of the end.

• Like 1

I just can't bear to pay a fee, I'd be losing like a years worth of savings!

Pizza delivery was a great job according to my high school buddies, till they started getting robbed and shot in the ghetto.

So let's see.......,if I separate the 1982 and older full copper ones, I could double my take?

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

at 18 how many places can you go making 500 a week in just tips. Not including the hourly and .50 delivery. was making great money. Also was an equipment operator during the day. put half down on my 98 dodge brand new in 2 years. Spent alot and did stuff but all in all I lived on tips alone not including the change. Was never broke. would have over 1000 in tips sitting on the dresser as I never claimed it and really couldn't put it in the bank. Then I went to driving a wrecker and that was the beginning of the end.

Did you ever have any ladies want to pay for pizza in a unusual way?

I have a glass 1 gallon jug full of pennies I used to cash out at the end of the year and give the money to my nephews at the end of the year. It wasn't much, maybe $30 each but they like to see the jug when they come over as it fills up.

Hey, you must have.....

Oh, never mind then.

The Delmont Wal*Mart and Export Giant Eagle have Coinstar machines. They take 11 cents of every dollar for cash but there are other options where fees are not charged. Too bad you can't take them to the Winfall Savings Loan and Feed like Other Dog does. That's some personal service right there.

https://www.coinstar.com/freecoincounting.aspx

I'm going over to the Winfall Savings Loan Feed and Truckstop and fuel up today.

post-1374-0-23505300-1361192417_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Did you ever have any ladies want to pay for pizza in a unusual way?

no. I had one call me back because her son gave me a tip. (she was black) Did a lawn job when I left. got an ass chewing. When I drove a wrecker that happened alot. Told then we can go at it but your still paying full price. They would get all pissed

I brought in rolled coins to my Credit Union once a while back and they were annoyed- they HAVE to unroll them and count them through the machine. They told me "in the future just bring them in a container, we have to run them through the machine." No fees since I am a member.

I have a 5-gallon jug too that I dump my pocket change and 1-dollar bills into every night. I use it for play money for me and me only. However this year since we are going to Disney in September, I'm going to use it for spending money for the kids. November of last year I started dumping a $20 bill into it every payday just for the Disney trip.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Definitely get the old copper pennies out, they are worth a lot more, like several times over look it up in a Google search.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"