Interesting Brockway

hi fifth wheel,

a grille insert out of a brockway cabover is the same as an F model mack. Which fits at least a late 70's r model hood. I took one of a brockway cabover and it fit right in my 77 r model. I would guess it is just an r model owned by a brockway fan. although it looks like brockway battery box covers? i will have to look closer, might be 760?

Brian

p.s. until i have more time to look at pic, i am guessing mackway. there is some strange things going on this truck

Edited by Enck762

This picture is at the Rutland VT truck show about 20 years ago. Not very clear picture on here but truck appears to be all Brockway except hood and fenders. The chassis would have to be a 360/760 if a conversion. Need to find more about this truck.

FW

A waste of a good Brockway grill if you ask me, there are plenty of Mack grills out there, but not to many of those!

BULLHUSK

You could give a call to Don Dorr at Dorr Oil in Manchester, VT and find out about it. He might still have it.

It looks like an additional grille insert is between the hood and the Brockway part of the grille.

(802) 362-1950

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I looked at this truck in Dorr's lot in about 1999. I thought it was an R model with a Brockway grill and emblems, but now see some of the other pieces on it. I have some pictures I can scan if I find them. Dorr had several trucks at the ATHS show in Mass last year. What is the difference between the regular R model cab and the cab used on 700 series Brockways? Mike

5th wheel- you really got an interesting conversation piece on this one! dashes are different from mack to brockway as well as firewall. here is a pic of mine , you can make out dash a little. my dash goes back up in between where windshields come together.

post-8108-0-55490600-1359483877_thumb.jp

post-8108-0-50858500-1359484445.jpg

Edited by Enck762
  • Like 2

I knew a guy that had a FRACK.............put a V8 Mack in a Freightshaker!

Funny! we had an owner-operator at Atlas back when i started,that had a W-series Ford cabover with a 237/5 speed in it! it was kitted with his wrecked F-model,so i guess a FACK?............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

This picture is at the Rutland VT truck show about 20 years ago. Not very clear picture on here but truck appears to be all Brockway except hood and fenders. The chassis would have to be a 360/760 if a conversion. Need to find more about this truck.

FW

Been told by someone who has seen it and photographed it, that it is a 360 Brockway with the cab and hood from a R700 Mack.