2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

Nice shots Vinny. You got some of the Mack museum which in the two days I was there, I was not able to make it over to. I want to know, what the hell is this and when are they taking orders?

253.jpg

yup, transformers truck. heres a few of my favorites from Macungie.one of us going thru the Lehigh Tunnel on the Pa Pike, thanks JT for the 5+ pictures of my truck, even the interior and I think of me and the fiance having an adult beverage behind it, I feel spoiled now. I love this blue and white R model with the hood scoop myself

post-6-0-57963500-1371422830_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-05657600-1371422865_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-22585500-1371422885_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-07309800-1371422907_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-62043700-1371422923_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-99601800-1371422946_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-49061900-1371422975_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-16842700-1371423004_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Best show yet! Hats off to anyone who actually HAS to drive a truck to make a living. That was the longest distance that I ever drove my cornbinder, and I have a new appreciation for someone that did that regularly. Ben went to camp today, when he's back, we'll post pics. Really nice to meet people in person(some for the second or third time) and other than the jagoff in the motorhome that I pulled out, everyone was great!

I think that we could've spent a week there just hanging out and bsing with everyone.

My only complaint is this: we need to put a stop to the trains and their fing horns during the wee hours, that's all.

Detroit was adequately represented. I can't say if we were the noisiest there, but top three for sure, and that's gotta count for something!

I'm not saying whose jump seat that was that JT posted, but it was sweet! Pudding cups, huh?

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

don't know who owns the blue and white R model but it must be a 77 or 78 right with the ridge along the back of the fender? also has a 300+ under the hood with the cool hoodscoop and the I think that's an exhaust transfer pump on the exhaust stack right?? didn't look inside to see cause I think the door was lock but I imagine it had a 10 speed Roadranger in it

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I'm not saying whose jump seat that was that JT posted, but it was sweet! Pudding cups, huh?

Sandy is in the other room now laughing historically. She can't believed you remembered the pudding cups. Stock up on chocolate, they explode the best and leave their mark well.

thanks JT for the 5+ pictures of my truck, even the interior and I think of me and the fiance having an adult beverage behind it, I feel spoiled now.

You have a beautiful B and one of the best B Macks there. Next time you might have to share the adult beverages.

Randy, you are correct. I have spent many years in the classic car hobby. Many folks are very nice but a year ago I began this journey into old trucks. What I have found is a bunch of really nice folks that will bend over backwards to help each other. Never once did any of you guys ever think my basic questions were a bother and the advice I had received was genuine. I never drove a class 8 truck yet now i own one. I am hooked.

When's the next get together?

Randy, you are correct. I have spent many years in the classic car hobby. Many folks are very nice but a year ago I began this journey into old trucks. What I have found is a bunch of really nice folks that will bend over backwards to help each other. Never once did any of you guys ever think my basic questions were a bother and the advice I had received was genuine. I never drove a class 8 truck yet now i own one. I am hooked.

When's the next get together?

Litiz. First weekend in Oct.

It was great seeing old faces and lots of new faces! What a great show and perfect weather!

I just wantedd to give a big thnaks to all the BMT members that stopped by our booth over the weekend to say hello and especially to Vlad and his son for makeing trip from half way around the world to be at this show! I hope they had a great time as well!!

Here's looking to next year as well as all the other upcoming shows! We'll see you guys at our show Aug 24th and Lititz in the fall! Have fun and stay safe!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Nice shots. I didn't see that orange Ramcharger. I dig those things. I've had three - 83, 90, & 91.

I had a couple myself (late 70s) and I had a neighbor when I lived in Illinois that had one with a 440V8.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Had a great time at Macungie!

I was able to meet Dodgeman and sell some parts and Mike Yarnall to buy some parts. Then visited with Ken at the MH Martian Mack and Ron Smith at his Mack pickup.

There is so much to do and see! Got detoured so I missed the picture and meeting lots of people so I will have to do better next year.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

The U700 was one of a group built for Southeastern Freight Lines from Columbia S.C.. It is a Cummins Super 250 (turbo'd) engine and Fuller 9 speed trans. Since we don't want to offend any of our friends on the Hank's site, I've posted a link to a picture, and not the picture.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/donq/southeastern_mack_u_2.html

When these trucks were retired and sold at auction, most took a boat ride, only a very few stayed in USA

Dave

Thanks Dave for the info.
  • Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Didn't make the picture, was having lunch with some friends at noon..Perhaps the biggest show I`ve seen there and I`ve been going for quite a few years now...could`nt ask for a better day..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

Hey BMT'ers,

I got home about 2pm on Sunday, got most everything unloaded and somewhat put away. After the rainstorm, I mowed the grass and got everything bundled up because I had to go to Erie for a meeting. I just got back and am going through websites and e-mails.

The show ended up being pretty dang good! Thanks to everyone who shared their time with us. We do what we can to improve the show every year and this year was no exception. Although the rain dampened the ground, everyone seemed to have a good time.

The ATCA Family Reunion was well attended and a success. Next year we will make some changes that will benefit those who call in to register. Be sure to watch Double Clutch for the latest news.

I am going to bed!

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org