Don't ever remember Acme having any stores in upstate NY, so it's a wonder how this B-model got relocated here...

post-3857-0-82586800-1359238073_thumb.jppost-3857-0-75678400-1359238106_thumb.jp

Although they were based in Philly, they had a lot of stores in Jersey. When I was a kid I used to help my dad unload these old Macks at his store in Nixon, NJ. All of the merchandise was stacked loose on pallets and had to be unloaded by hand with roller conveyors (remember those). You couldn't do that now, it would take too long.

• Like 1

Don't ever remember Acme having any stores in upstate NY, so it's a wonder how this B-model got relocated here...

attachicon.gifIMG_0489aS.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0490aS.jpg

I did'nt know they had any stores in NY either,maybe just bought up when they were taken out of service?..............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hey Jim, I really enjoyed this truck video, the music was of excellance. Thanks for showing it. mike

My pleasure. I enjoy watching and sharing other people's videos. :)

Peter Van Lou Moving & Storage Fairlawn,NJ from what i was able to find out,this truck is still used occaisionally on local jobs,as evidenced by the modern cars in the background...............................................Mark

:clap: Bravo!

Jim

does any body here remember J fresco trucking in newark. my grandfather used to drive for them. he had a shit load of old macks that he used to run. if anyone has pictures please post them

Yes! John was a good friend of mine, he got killed in Newark when he backed into a cement block wall. with a Cat 977, the machine had no cab and the block fell on him. He was a real good man with a big heart! Gary Mahan bought all or most of his collection of old Macks, I did take some pic's at Mahan's place but I can't for the life of me remember where they are!

BULLHUSK

PS Devino Truck Parts in Nwk are his cousins

does anyone remember Tryon Trucking? My Dad was leased to them for years and was always getting load out of Newark.

http://www.tryontrucking.com/ourcompany.html

Tryon was in Morrisville / Fairless Hills PA and hauled a lot of steel out the US Steel Fairless Works.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)