Found this picture over at hanks,of an APA MB similar to the one i drove,if you look closely,you can just about see the handtruck handles sticking up in the pass. side windshield...............................................Mark

post-5836-0-15501000-1358200681_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I remember last year I was traveling up the Jersey Turnpike and saw a B81 dump sitting along what looked like a landfill.I think it was right north of the Newark Airport.It didn't look to be in that bad of condition.Will try and find out how owns it.
I remember last year I was traveling up the Jersey Turnpike and saw a B81 dump sitting along what looked like a landfill.I think it was right north of the Newark Airport.It didn't look to be in that bad of condition.Will try and find out how owns it.

T fiore owns the b81 dump truck they took out the quad box and put a dead five in it the truck has not ran in over 15 years they just push it around

That older mack rd is also T fiore's thats me when i was 12 in the driver seat.

003.jpg

And t fiore also used to have the green b model in there yard but devino truck parts has it now.When he first got it i asked if he would sell and he said he wanted to restore it.

005.jpg

I see you got your foot on the floor!!!! Haha. I remember I was sitting in my U when it was ideling, this was awhile ago, and I started revin it up. Made some black come out. Usually it's white. But, that truck hasn't been outa 3rd gear in a long time. Lol.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

That older mack rd is also T fiore's thats me when i was 12 in the driver seat.

attachicon.gif 003.jpg

And t fiore also used to have the green b model in there yard but devino truck parts has it now.When he first got it i asked if he would sell and he said he wanted to restore it.

attachicon.gif 005.jpg

LOve that steel nose R of Fiores . Did he have just that one or more like that ? I bet that thing sounded great thru those open pipes

Local 282 Union Service

Those APA MB's were everywhere back then.

Trivia: "Drive Safely" placards are a no-no these days.

The MB i drove was a good truck,just no power steering,work you to death in the city! they (APA) were just getting in new MR's at the time,i never got to drive one of those............i ran a relay truck out to Pittsburgh once,but it was a Ford LN-9000 (was hoping for an R-model)..............bout 2-3 weeks later,found myself without a job!....................Mark

Don't think national freight has had a Mack since the U and F's. Maybee some cruiseliners.

I know its been a LONG time! the Cruiseliners were short lived when they started phasing out Cabovers,think mostly freightliners and peterbilts now? last time i was past there (Vineland HQ) they still had a F-model wrecker sitting inside the fence.........................Mark

I don't have pics, but Petrongolo and Winzinger both have some older Mack's that I've seen around.

I know Winzinger has at least one DM-800 and one R-Model still running around,they sold a couple of their older trucks to R.E. Peirson in Pilesgrove a few years back.........................................Mark

National Freight Inc. Vineland,NJ...... F&U-models,National at one time was such a large purchaser of Macks,they were used in some of the advertizements................................................Mark

This is from an Interstater brochure. Check out the "Maxidyne 300" stripes in the smaller photo. :

S25C409012712160_0002.jpg

• Like 1

Jim

This is from an Interstater brochure. Check out the "Maxidyne 300" stripes in the smaller photo. :

S25C409012712160_0002.jpg

Thanks for posting that Jim,that is one i was thinking of,there is one more,but can't seem to locate it..........had Bernie Brown standing in front of a new F-model...........................Mark