Yes! John was a good friend of mine, he got killed in Newark when he backed into a cement block wall. with a Cat 977, the machine had no cab and the block fell on him. He was a real good man with a big heart! Gary Mahan bought all or most of his collection of old Macks, I did take some pic's at Mahan's place but I can't for the life of me remember where they are!

BULLHUSK

PS Devino Truck Parts in Nwk are his cousins

yeah my grandfathers best friend frank ruzzano was there when he got crushed.im glad you knew john its a small world

Gary Wiggers used to be a die hard traditionalist and had 11r24 rubber for years and just in the past couple of years he went to 12r24.5 tubeless. He still uses the old school style Bristol Donald with the old style heated body vents. When he used to hire trucks his old man used to load us with a 963 cat track loader and keep putting it on until it spilled off the sides. I think he still thought it was the 1960's in Bergen County LOL. By the way this was only about 5 to 6 years ago. We were running new style rd's with 58 rears 18 fronts Bristol Donalds and 11r24's and we were sweating it out with the weight pulling out of his jobs.

Cheers, Robert

• Like 1

Gary Wiggers used to be a die hard traditionalist and had 11r24 rubber for years and just in the past couple of years he went to 12r24.5 tubeless. He still uses the old school style Bristol Donald with the old style heated body vents. When he used to hire trucks his old man used to load us with a 963 cat track loader and keep putting it on until it spilled off the sides. I think he still thought it was the 1960's in Bergen County LOL. By the way this was only about 5 to 6 years ago. We were running new style rd's with 58 rears 18 fronts Bristol Donalds and 11r24's and we were sweating it out with the weight pulling out of his jobs.

Cheers, Robert

I always thought that Bristol Donald tri hoist was one of the best D-B, the only thing about them is the body would always start to rust after about a year or so

BULLHUSK

American Towing and Recovery Inc. Newark,NJ..................(not diggin' the square headlights)................................................Mark

Loose the square headlights and the garbage can lid hubcaps! Then we'll say,"thats a sharp R model wrecker"! But,to each his own.If thats what they like,so be it!

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Bullhusk

Did the Richard Dahn outfit also have some pnuematic tanks pulling cement out of Northampton,Nazereth, Bath PA area? Seems I remember them back in the 70's-80's?

Brocky

They also ran a lot of flats loaded with bagged limestone out of Sparta.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Bullhusk

Did the Richard Dahn outfit also have some pnuematic tanks pulling cement out of Northampton,Nazereth, Bath PA area? Seems I remember them back in the 70's-80's?

Brocky

Ya know thats a good question?? Dahn was the house trucker for Lime Crest in Sparta so I'm sure he did, I do know that he also hauled gas an diesel, as a matter of fact I think he rolled one on RT-80 back in the early 90's that caught fire and damaged the overpass and road way and shut down that section of 80 for a long time, and from what I been told the damage was far greater then his ins. could cover! So I don't think he ever recovered, so I've been told

BULLHUSK

Jersey Mack of the day is this brute! Grabowski Trucking, West Orange,NJ........................................................Mark

Max Grabowski started what is now GMC.Guess one of his younger realitives knew who made REAL trucks! :MackLogo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Bullhusk, I think if you ran heat on the Bristol Donalds they would rust out in the channels. One of the best bodies to pave with though. The last big tandem I drove was a 99 rd688sx 350 etec 8ll fuller, 58 rears 18 front, 11r24 tube type rubber for L.Demarino from Ramsey. The body was Bristol Donald T1 1/4 inch floor T1 sides and T1 3/8's gate 8 panel. The only thing the 8 panels would crack better to go 9 or 12 pointed ribs.

Cheers, Robert