Old Gas Stations

farmer52

yup, was gonna comment myself on the Nebraska State, the corn state with the garbage corn alcohol gas. have actually seen ONE station here in upstate Ny that sells non ethanol gas. 30 cents a gallon more than the garbage gas but at least it doesnt screw up your carburator or weed eator or lawn mower or snowmobile AND give you shitty mileage. pretty neat old pictures. everyone was skinny back then, AND seems everyone worked and was greasy.cars had style back then to. now you see a Chevy or Nissan or Ford or Toyota and they al have the same bodystyle

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the memories Ken. Sitting here thinking about growing up in my Dad's Gulf station. I worked there through junior high, high school and five years of college. Left in 1970 when I started mortuary school. The true service station - pumped the gas, washed the windshield, checked the oil, etc. None of this pump your own stuff we have today. The focus was on service. The cheapest price I remember was 23.9 a gallon.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Very neat! i love to see old pictures like these! i only saw one automobile i was'nt 100% sure of its pedigree........my guess, La Salle?........................................Mark

Yup, looking through googles images I found this:....note fly'n lady hood ornanament and the sargent stripes on the front of the fenders.

lasalle-series-50-coupe-05.jpg

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Interesting photos of the Signal gas stations; Signal Oil owned Mack at one time. Those photos would have looked better with a few vintage Mack fire apparatus

in them.

bulldogboy

As a recovering pyromaniac, I'd have to agree....a few fire apparatus around a burning gas station WOULD look pretty sweet! :whistling:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!