Chicago R models

Looks more like that mixer hit a low viaduct I had a friend who drove for material service in the 80s he did the same thing and when he got back to the yard parked with the flat spot down so he didn't have to hear about it until morning when he told them about it.

• Like 2

In NYC they run those as flowboys for asphalt . If you run trailers for hire you need to have them ,the more the better. With triaxles or quad axles they are good for 40 tons . Running dump trailers for asphalt into spreader boxes seems like ages ago. That is a great looking unit. Love those Mack day cabs. Judging by the buildings in the pictures are they used for hauling farming materials?

Thank you Mackman. Actually that is an asphalt belt trailer. The buildings u see in the background is just my friends place where I park. They are great for paving, unless u are in a tight subdivision. That trailer is 31' long where dump trailers are usually 22-24'. Can't wait to see how good it works with the crazy poly surface we are gonna put down on 88.

Left today at 3:30am to get the flatbed in shorewood to haul some pipe line stuff to genesco with the mighty r model out trailer want loaded had to with till5 am was back to shop by noon cause I brought stuff then on the the axle dump hauling stone till 3 very nice day

• Like 1

Had a good pic of that R model,Brian and some Celli CH's delivering powder last year and accidently deleted them from my camera, DOH! Those R's were bought brand new in '87 and weren't plated until '89. Meyer tried to get their drivers to go on percentage instead of hourly,and they refused. They had EM6-275 for power and 2070 trans and had P/S. They batch they bought before that('71's) did not have P/S.They were hoping the guys would want new trucks instead of the money,they figured wrong. Al

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Ok that's what I thought it holds at 6 when criusing and 8 to9 like you said thanks and yes Al I heard that same story about Meyers from Dale I hear LOTS of stories from Dale I love when I'm dumping stone on a Job and he tells me Al would have keptmthem tighter lol he is funny work with think he has an accout with dunkin donuts we call him Dale donuts

• Like 1

I bet your right. I would think they are saving something like that. I had a picture on my phone as I was a little closer to the tunnel.

Pretty amazing how its put together and all the stone is running on a angle and then following the curvature of the tunnel. Some

awesome engineering went into it for sure, especially for those days. I just wonder how it was put together, if they had to form

the curvature of the tunnel with wood first or if was done another way.

that is really a cool structure. Lots of little details you wont see with plane old concrete.

I wish some of these local abandon railroad tracks could be donated to the Illinois Railway Museum fto get them some more trackage for them to operate on. Im glad they save most of the right of ways with the use of them as bike trails but a cool old railway line that could serve a few towns for trips would be even more intresting.

• Like 1

cant figure out how to post the link...but that 89 r model "dale transport" tractor (which pics were posted of) with a 2014 coras dump trailer is on ebay for ... a buy it now of $69000.

if that's worth $69k, its time to sell everything and retire