Chicago R models

Al reminded everybody about the Maggio's/ATHS truck show this coming Saturday on the events/shows section and I will here.

All are welcome to come out. Old, new, any make or model, just come on out. And don't worry about any scratches in the paint

or anything else. Hose the bugs off and bring the trucks out. Its all for fun. A couple years ago I brought all my trucks and my

bosses two Macks. A B and an LJ. I brought five trucks to the show. Two Pete's and three Mack's. Had to find a couple drivers,

but I managed. Going to try to bring a couple this year, hopefully the weather holds.

If we are not working I'll be there.

How is it that axle is 20' frameless not a big fan of frameless but oh well back when my boss had 6 trucks I had a 22' r and s quarter frame that was a nice trailer boss said we ll haul everything in that alum rip rap pge concrete so it won't be nice for long

• Like 1

How is it that axle is 20' frameless not a big fan of frameless but oh well back when my boss had 6 trucks I had a 22' r and s quarter frame that was a nice trailer boss said we ll haul everything in that alum rip rap pge concrete so it won't be nice for long

I feel more comfortable pulling my 1/4 frame, but this one dumps pretty nice. I just bought it to do some milling and dirt work. I'd rather use this then my belt trailer. I have my 1/4 frame rented out. I usually only do stuff like this till asphalt starts up. Then they usually just leave me hauling that. We have over 200,000 tons of mix just for I88.

The best thing about the 20' trailer is that it looks full, but I don't have much in there, lol

I feel more comfortable pulling my 1/4 frame, but this one dumps pretty nice. I just bought it to do some milling and dirt work. I'd rather use this then my belt trailer. I have my 1/4 frame rented out. I usually only do stuff like this till asphalt starts up. Then they usually just leave me hauling that. We have over 200,000 tons of mix just for I88.

The best thing about the 20' trailer is that it looks full, but I don't have much in there, lol

I always said the same about the low sided Hilbilt I have. I looked heavy but never was. I could load it front to back up to the sides and still be a few thousand under and right on the money on axle weight.

• Like 1

You have done that before I thought you took some up last year those bags look kinda unstable hope I can make it out to maggios but if it's nice we ll work just got a year and half of work on the south side

Yep, same building as last year. They do a corner every year. I think they have a bigger landscaping budget than I do :whistling:

So this was the first real week working on 88, last week was just taking the rumble strips out. And of course 3/4 of the drivers out here are idiots. So this morning we were taking bets on what would happen first, am truck pulling out and causing an accident or a truck laying over.

About 2hrs later we figured out which one it would be.

Hopefully the videos posted.

trim.9F72AE55-B720-4E3A-B869-FA7AD3666B90.MOV

trim.35EBB529-EF5C-453E-A1FA-18DAB63707A3.MOV

Who are you hauling the blacktop for I hauled a whopping 16 ton to a patch job at central dupage hospital from k five in Naperville I like hauling asphalt but our crew want the best at putting it down

I mostly haul for Curran in DeKalb. Bought the only time I'm not there is if they are slow or have to fill a stupid minority quota. I've been hauling for them for 10 years.

Today I was actually hauling millings and broken concrete. Usually if the have asphalt going out I'm on that. They have some asphalt going to Weber Grill in Huntley, but I was told they have about ten of us regular asphalt guys out on 88 cause they want us to get the better hrs and keep an eye on all the other idiots cause they don't want the company trucks going that far west.

I've hauled out of most of the asphalt plants out east, but never out of K Five.

Patch jobs are gravy money. And they love my belt trailer for that.

Nice for the next week I'm in homewood at cn on171st by I 80 we have 80 holes to patch in there lot so I go to sandeno east ( d construction) about 5min from the job longest part of the job is the drive back to plainfield

• Like 1

Made it to the truck show at maggios today saw mr Peter Mack but he was busy polishing and signing autographs lol love your b model and the Petes love that diamond t and international westcoaster very nice I must say

Made it to the truck show at maggios today saw mr Peter Mack but he was busy polishing and signing autographs lol love your b model and the Petes love that diamond t and international westcoaster very nice I must say

Sorry I missed you,Bill. Got there about 11:30 myself. Next time, Al

Where's the pics ??? I tried to get Mikey to go pick up that R700 at Stark's and come back by Maggio's ,but he just got his Dodge back from getting the transmission rebuilt yesterday afternoon,and he wants to run it around here close a little while before we hook it to a gooseneck and go very far,can't say that I blame him.

Where's the pics ??? I tried to get Mikey to go pick up that R700 at Stark's and come back by Maggio's ,but he just got his Dodge back from getting the transmission rebuilt yesterday afternoon,and he wants to run it around here close a little while before we hook it to a gooseneck and go very far,can't say that I blame him.

These kids nowadays have no sense of adventure.