Chicago R models

Was 91 the last year for the old style rd hood?

Near as I can tell,mid-year '91 was the introduction of the sloped-hood RD. I have seen '91's either way.
  • Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

A friend passed these pictures to me of this Superliner. I know Macknutt had listed this truck for sale before, as this guy is a friend

of his. I believe the truck is still for sale. I don't know the price or specs though. I think the owner is dealing with an illness and thats

why its for sale.

I know PFA runs mostly MACK, but I have never seen this in their yard. I think they only pull tanks. I'll have to keep a closer eye when I drive by tomorrow.

A friend passed these pictures to me of this Superliner. I know Macknutt had listed this truck for sale before, as this guy is a friend

of his. I believe the truck is still for sale. I don't know the price or specs though. I think the owner is dealing with an illness and thats

why its for sale.

My son looked that truck over good when he picked up the '82 V8 single axle Superliner we bought from him last year. Nice truck but has been sitting quite awhile. Looks like someone has moved it to a different location and cleaned it up some. The owner had cancer and was no longer able to drive.

Have seen these two R-models running around the Dekalb area for a paving outfit. I kinda like the one with the floaters.

Makes it look tough.

R&B Paving is two guys from Royer Asphalt that went on their own couple of years ago. One of then is Bobby Sipes.

The R model with the floaters sure looks like an old Parking Lot Services truck.

R&B Paving is two guys from Royer Asphalt that went on their own couple of years ago. One of then is Bobby Sipes.

The R model with the floaters sure looks like an old Parking Lot Services truck.

Did Curran buy Royer buy still keep them as Royer? I had heard that but didn't know if their was any truth to it.

Snow hauls a lot of broke up concrete into our concrete yard and it sure would be nice if curran would ever get 47 and 20 finished up never saw such a screwed up mess in my life the temporary lanes were nothing better than asphalt covered trails the ones on 20 lasted two days before they had to regrind them and make them rougher what an outfit.

• Like 2

Snow hauls a lot of broke up concrete into our concrete yard and it sure would be nice if curran would ever get 47 and 20 finished up never saw such a screwed up mess in my life the temporary lanes were nothing better than asphalt covered trails the ones on 20 lasted two days before they had to regrind them and make them rougher what an outfit.

That is fun isnt? Last two days is really screwed up

• Like 1

Did Curran buy Royer buy still keep them as Royer? I had heard that but didn't know if their was any truth to it.

Yes they did. I think about 5 years ago. Though from what I heard they didn't really buy them. Royer owed them so much money that a deal was made that they just took Royer over. If you look closely there is a small Curran sticker of the trucks.

The best part about that job is that it is gonna be totally redone in five years, lol

Yes they did. I think about 5 years ago. Though from what I heard they didn't really buy them. Royer owed them so much money that a deal was made that they just took Royer over. If you look closely there is a small Curran sticker of the trucks.

I don't think too much of them. A few years back I wanted them to pave my driveway. They came out, gave me a quote, it sounded

reasonable so I asked when they could do it. They said they could get to it in a month. I said great. Well a few phone calls and a year

later it never got done. The guy called me on a Saturday morning a year after I called them and asked if I was still interested. I

said yeah, a year ago! Then I hung the phone up. Assholes! I won't ever do business with them.

• Like 1