Chicago R models

Is Carry transit still around. About 10 years ago I think they were some how tied into or racing in the Champ car / Indy car series under the name sigma racing? I think they had a shop down on the south west side (bridgeview) that I would often bring race cars/ parts to. I remember going there and at that time they had a bunch of CH macks used for hauling tanker or bulk tanker...I think the early truck they used to haul the cars to the tracks was a CH mack as I recall it only had two 50 gallon fuel tanks. Not good for OTR trucking... they had to stop in just about every state for fuel.

Carry is still around and still based out of Oak Brook. I think they merged with Superior Carriers as well, or maybe have some

sort of partnership. The trucks they have now just blend in with the crowd. One color, slap a sticker on the door and go.

Here is a google image search of the trucks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carry+transit&rlz=1C2CHFX_enUS516US518&biw=1280&bih=827&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAkQ_AUoBGoVChMItrGTg4i0yAIVwz8aCh2FEAtt&dpr=0.9

Here are another couple pictures I borrowed from Macknutt of a Carry Transit R model.

I miss those old Carry trucks,the R models they had with bunks really looked nice,I loved their colors. I'd never seen pics of a carry Superliner,the only ones I ever saw were the ones they got when they bought out ABT from Wever,IA to get their termimal and the corn syrup haul out of Hubinger in Keokuk,IA

Was hauling on site at the new delong grain terminal going in and the concrete pipe for our crew was delivered by stark #41 I was too busy to get a pic

damnit

Where is that exactly? Thanks I'm currently sitting at Delong in Channahon waiting for them to open.

• Like 1