god dunno if i should even post this. i scrapped a DM615 about 8 years ago. fish belly frame that was junk, cab was so shot you there was no floor and we drove it around with the throttle on dash. nothin left of the hood, both fenders gone. had a pretice log loader on it and had about 250 gallons of oil leaked on the frame over the years. was a 1968 864 natural aspirated and 18 speed double over quad. Doug Fetterly has the engine and tranny. trade it to him for another engine and a B43 Mack. still have the 44 rears out of it. dont get upset haha, i dont scrap Macks unless they are too far gone. cant save em all and the parts get used to make others run.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

god dunno if i should even post this. i scrapped a DM615 about 8 years ago. fish belly frame that was junk, cab was so shot you there was no floor and we drove it around with the throttle on dash. nothin left of the hood, both fenders gone. had a pretice log loader on it and had about 250 gallons of oil leaked on the frame over the years. was a 1968 864 natural aspirated and 18 speed double over quad. Doug Fetterly has the engine and tranny. trade it to him for another engine and a B43 Mack. still have the 44 rears out of it. dont get upset haha, i dont scrap Macks unless they are too far gone. cant save em all and the parts get used to make others run.

i remember you telling us that story awhile back,,,that DM looks alot like mine,,when i bought it,,18 years ago,,,lol.not much had changed it still looks bad,,,decided to start working on it alittle next summer bob

Did about 50 miles in the rain today....

post-6773-0-81490200-1355091059_thumb.jp

The ole girl made a new friend...

post-6773-0-55242000-1355091008_thumb.jp

V8!!!! WTF....gonna go back out and find out about this one...

post-6773-0-63919700-1355091035_thumb.jp

i took my DM out for a 500 ft drive,,hehe,,,used it sunday to pull down some trees i was cutting up,,,ran good,,,but i didnt run into any B models,,,just a buncha quail..lol.bob

I had mine out in the rain yesterday also. Hauled my buddies Bobcat back to his property so he can use it too! I have free dibs, but that usually includes fixing what's broke so it's ready for him the next time he needs it LOL!!

Sorry no pics, and no other Macks were seen.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Those(all) DM's were pretty...............PRETTY TOUGH!!!!! My cousin had 2 '69 DM685S's. You could'nt beat 'em.237,6 speed OD trans,5.73 rears on camleback.........TOO TOUGH!!! :clock_logo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Matt,you used those 3 words we don't say about Macks.
  • Like 1

"TOO FAR GONE"

Tom

No such thing as "too far gone" (Mack-wise) reminds me of an expression i heard someone say about Indian Motorcycles,as rare as they are,and as hard as it is to find parts,guy said "I've seen guys put together an Indian from an oil-stain on the floor!"

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

trust me, these were too far gone. and were used to repower a gas job B model with the 237 and quadbox. rears on the one with 237 were scrap and so was the frame. and cab, so rotted you could have used either cab to sift sand. no windshields or doors for years, no floors. no fenders on the hood. did i mention they came from loggers? ran with NO oil in the rears or transmissions forever. the v8 ran like a champ and Doug got that for a few parts trucks. i still have the camelbacks that went with the V8. the frames on both were so welded and cut and patched and cobbed, they were totally junk so its not like we just cut them up. Remember Mike, cant save them all, and at least the good parts went to save other well deserving trucks. even the 237 was beat. we ended up puttin new heads on it cause the valves were soo worn from the jake brake .

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

trust me, these were too far gone. and were used to repower a gas job B model with the 237 and quadbox. rears on the one with 237 were scrap and so was the frame. and cab, so rotted you could have used either cab to sift sand. no windshields or doors for years, no floors. no fenders on the hood. did i mention they came from loggers? ran with NO oil in the rears or transmissions forever. the v8 ran like a champ and Doug got that for a few parts trucks. i still have the camelbacks that went with the V8. the frames on both were so welded and cut and patched and cobbed, they were totally junk so its not like we just cut them up. Remember Mike, cant save them all, and at least the good parts went to save other well deserving trucks. even the 237 was beat. we ended up puttin new heads on it cause the valves were soo worn from the jake brake .

Did you save any emblems off it?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

was thaat dm 615 log truck that got scrapped white in color ? we hauled logs for a guy that had a dm with a 250 hp v8 that he used as a prehauler and to load trailers it was pretty well shot when i saw it. but i remember it had a v8 its the only dm 615 ive ever saw. at the time it was about 3 miles back in the woods in southern vermont mountains. the guy that owned it lived in maine,